The Inventory Planner will own and drive all facets of the annual production planning and unit allocation for production cuts. This role will manage monthly the capacity plan, unit forecasting based on current sales plans, product cut analysis, and adjustments to all planning facets to adapt to the changing needs of the market in season. This is an analytical position that will own analyzing booking trends to a proposed unit purchase plan by group / style / color / size. This is a wonderful opportunity to work with a globally recognized brand distributing globally, and is best for someone who enjoys complexity.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive cut analysis monthly and present recommendations that align to booking trends, key item forecasts.
- Quantify in-season risks and opportunities and make recommendations to drive results and increase profits.
- Communicate with operations, sales, and customer service to ensure any trends, or challenges are brought to their attention to maximize customer satisfaction. (style drops / style adds / styles with delivery changes / etc)
- Communicate monthly Open-to-Buy forecasts & supporting action plans as well as presentation of this data to executive management and cross functional teams
- Develop and propose strategies to sales optimize inventory productivity and maintain healthy turns.
- Create category level seasonal hindsight reports to drive strategic assortment decisions for future investments.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales and merchandising to ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Provide input to the company in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Manage and lead monthly purchasing meeting and confirm placement of purchase orders are accurate and timely.
- Maintain minimum inventory levels on core items across all warehouses.
- Plan and communicates suggested intercompany transfers to maximize turns and move inventory before it becomes liquidation.
- Evaluate business processes, anticipate needs, find areas for improvement, develop and implement solutions.
- Manage and own the capacity plan and adjust and communicate those changes to cross functional players monthly.
- Communicate valuable insights to cross-functional team members to drive performance, profitability, and healthy turnover rates.
Education: Associate degree in related field (i.e. accounting, supply chain, logistics)
Experience: A minimum of 4 years experience in demand planning & inventory forecasting.
- A life long learner
- Ability to manage competing priorities with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong written and oral, communication skills.
- Hyper analytical with passion for data and analysis.
- Steller relationship management skills.
- Thorough and organized.
- Thrive wearing many hats with little management.
- Willing to go the extra mile when required to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management.
- Extreme owner that works well independently.
- Advanced excel knowledge.
Working Conditions: Employee works in office a minimum 3 days per week.
Physical Demands: none
All candidates MUST provide proof of at least 1 (one) COVID vaccination at the time an offer is made, or contact the SWIM USA Human Resources team, if eligible for an exemption.
SWIM USA is an EOE