Arianne Elmy is a fast-growing NYC based Women’s Ready-To-Wear brand. The brand has been worn by celebrities such as Mariah Carey, Katy Perry, Lorde, Lil Kim, Brandy, and more. It’s been featured in Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, People Style, BET Style, W Mag, and Paper Magazine. The brand sells largely via DTC as well as in various boutiques, Shopbop.com and FreePeople.com. The brand also actively campaigns for Women’s Rights (passion for Women’s Rights is a plus).
The brand is seeking a knowledgeable, detail oriented, and assertive production and design assistant to help streamline garment production from conception to delivery. The ideal candidate is someone willing to take initiative and not be afraid to call out supply chain partners on their production errors. The job duties include assisting the designer in sourcing materials, communicating new designs to the technical design team, contributing to fittings, and acting as quality control in garment production. The Production and Design Assistant will help to maintain integrity of Arianne Elmy products and support in continual growing volume.
*Please send portfolio with resume
- MUST HAVE a BFA with major in Fashion Design
- Must be located in NYC or ability to come into our Midtown Office Multiple Times a week.
- Deep understanding of Garment Construction
- Knowledgeable in Pattern Making and Sewing
- Experience assisting with fittings
- Accuracy in garment measurement and ability to create and follow spec sheets
- Understanding of textiles, fabrications, and trims
- Understanding of Garment Production, Start to Finish
- Ability to create Tech Packs, Flat Drawings & Sketches
- Detail Oriented, must be able to call out production mistakes
- Comfortable delegating
- Proficient at organizing production schedules and staying diligent with timelines
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat Excel, Word, Google Docs – Experience with Photoshop is a plus
- Comfortable being at NYC garment Factory
- Familiar with NYC Garment District Stores
- Must be comfortable taking the lead, staying on top of work and personable to work with
- Assist with Sample Development – Tech Packs, Sketches, Flat Drawings, Sourcing
- Create and edit product spec sheet according to pattern measurements, garment measurements, and fittings
- Work directly with Factories and call out any production errors- Will be working in person at our NYC Factory and via email with overseas factories.
- Act as Quality Control on all new Units coming into Studio to ensure they are up to expectation before shipped to stores and customers
- Assist with Fittings
- Coordinate Production Timelines to ensure products are completed within deadlines
- Communicate with suppliers + send production orders
- Keep Fabric Binders, Orders, Spec Sheets, Costing, Material Tracking, etc. organized
- Create Cutters Musts & Cut Sheets
- Work with Grader during Production
- Continual Sourcing for new Suppliers and Manufacturers
2 years assisting with production, and/or designing/product development
4 Year Bachelor Degree in Fashion Design
Yearly Bonus, 401(k), PTO, Flex Home/ In Office Schedule, Unlimited Monthly Metrocard