NEIMAN MARCUS GROUP
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) has been the premier destination for luxury fashion and goods, superior service, and an elevated retail experience for more than a century. Today, 9,000 associates contribute to the success of NMG's brands: Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, and Horchow. There are 38 full-line Neiman Marcus stores in cosmopolitan markets across the United States and a sophisticated digital platform that attracts shoppers worldwide. Bergdorf Goodman operates two stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City and BergdorfGoodman.com, catering to loyal luxury customers globally. NMG also owns five Last Call stores and Horchow.com, an e-commerce site that offers premium furniture and home decor.
As an organization, NMG is on a transformational journey to become the preeminent luxury customer platform. NMG continues to deliver the best integrated customer experience and has evolved the business to succeed in the ever-changing retail landscape. NMG is a relationship business. What differentiates the organization from other luxury retailers are its unique assets: a strong store footprint, the most knowledgeable associates, an engaging online experience, solid brand partnerships, innovative digital and in-store experiences, the most loyal luxury customer base, and a strong balance sheet.
Our customers will always be at the center of everything NMG does. The company continues to reinvest in new technologies that enhance the customer experience. NMG meets customers where they are. NMG's goal is to offer customers a seamless experience across its stores, online, and remote digital selling.
NMG's priority is to develop a highly engaged and high-performing team where everyone belongs. The business attracts and retains best-in-class talent through unique offerings provided to associates in addition to standard employer benefits. These include an innovative way of working, associate discounts on merchandise, tuition reimbursement, associate hardship fund, and paid time off to volunteer, to name a few.
As part of NMG's Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) work, the organization is focused on driving its core value of being "All Heart." NMG is also assessing its current environmental and social impact while developing a three-year plan to lead the luxury industry in its commitment and transparency to environmental and social sustainability. NMG strives to become an employer of choice, driven by a culture of Belonging. A dedicated team focuses on this journey, directly impacting how NMG conducts business throughout the workforce, workplace, and marketplace dimensions.
NMG has incredibly passionate and committed corporate and store associates. NMG offers associates an environment where everyone feels welcomed, nurtured, and empowered. Our associates are the heart of NMG. As an organization, NMG leads with love - love for customers, love for associates, and love for brand partners.ASSOCIATE SALES EXPERIENCE MANAGER
Associate Sales Experience Manager, with direction from their SEM, is responsible for the sales experience of a Bergdorf Goodman department(s), facilitating partnerships across functions, driving team towards goals, and leveraging team skills to build a customer-driven sales experience, all while being a brand ambassador for Bergdorf Goodman. Responsibilities & Duties Business Ownership
- Drives towards the achievement of maximum sales and growth in line with company vision and values.
- Participates in all aspects of merchandise and communications with merchant and vendor partners
- Reviews business trends in partnership with functional leads to create and execute business strategies.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with the vendor community, abiding to Bergdorf Goodman's business goals as guiding principles. Positively challenges vendor community's status quo as needed.
- Provides input on strategic objectives for the store and sets priorities accordingly by department
- Partners in the training of sales associates and assistants.
- Participates in Associate performance management, career development, and coaching as needed.
- Recognizes and celebrates outstanding Associate performance, addresses opportunities for business and behavioral evolvement with courage, empathy and positivity.
- Manages team's daily prioritization of tasks.
- Manages the goals set for the team in alignment with department objectives and supports Associates in achieving them.
- Manages scheduling of department Associates with sensitivity to promotional calendar and business needs.
- Champions own self-development, communicating needs to fulfill expectations and always manifesting an attitude of learning.
- In partnership with SEM, builds a cohesive customer service-driven team, overseeing customer service efforts and escalations.
- Champions Bergdorf Goodman's Client Experience Culture and Values, leading with a focus on delivering an unparallel client experience in the marketplace. Partners with peers to support this vision throughout the store and online as opportunities present themselves.
- Oversees the floor to monitor coverage and presence - Maintains and models positive and productive behaviors with clients, vendors, merchants and peer groups .
- Partners with functional leads for execution of in-store selling events.
- Seeks to help others by identifying and meeting the needs of the team, customers, and partners.
- Executes the plans and strategies in partnership with Client Development
- Leads efforts in Client Retention and Acquisition ensuring adaptation by all Associates, regardless of tenure with Bergdorf Goodman.
- Partners with all internal BG functional leads, merchants and Brand Managers to create innovative and productive Client Experience events.
Competencies Passion for People
- 2-3 years of relevant experience, luxury retail fashion experience preferred
- 4-year degree preferred
- Proven track record achieving business results
- History of building, leading, motivating, and coaching teams to achieve objectives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- "Win together" mentality
- Basic proficiency with MS Office Product Suite, advanced proficiency preferred
- Certain roles may require standing, bending, climbing stairs, and lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds
- Associates must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on business need, which will include evenings, weekends, and holidays
Passion for Business
- Creates and maintains an environment of trust and collaboration by encouraging team members to share feedback and make recommendations for improvement
- Resolves conflicts as soon as they arise, finding common ground and settling disputes fairly and with minimal disruption
- Structures messages in a clear logical manner using the most appropriate communication medium
- Responsible for the performance and career development of direct reports
- Actively recruits and hires quality talent to add to team, planning for and creating talent bench
- Trains and develops quality talent by supporting team members in identifying career development goals and opportunities for growth and exposure
- Evaluates and calibrates performance fairly and provides feedback with consistent follow-up
- Assures that rewards are tied to objectives and requirements
- Promotes a positive environment of achievement, recognition, and celebration
- Serves as a role model by establishing and adhering to high ethical standards
- Leads team in appropriately enforcing policies and procedures, ensuring understanding from all Associates
- Speaks with truth and candor, modeling how to challenge the status quo appropriately
- Empowers and coaches' team to take ownership of internal and external customer problems and resolve them quickly
- Creates a gracious and welcoming environment for internal and external customers as well as other partners
Passion for Personal Growth
- Stays informed of business drivers, industry trends, and competitors, applying knowledge to identify and pursue new opportunities
- Establishes well-thought-out plans and manages execution of plans, anticipating and adjusting for risks and roadblocks
- Tracks progress against departmental strategies to execute properly and successfully
- Proactively shares information, best practices, and new ideas with team to improve business and performance
- Demonstrates strong decision-making skills (e.g., problem definition, data analysis, hypothesis testing, asking for input)
- Uses critical thinking skills to analyze problems and to recommend viable solutions
- Personally champions change initiatives, explaining benefits and challenges of change to team and others impacted
- Continuously builds skills and knowledge through training, coaching, and career experience
- Demonstrates a working knowledge and appreciation of the NMG business and the fashion industry
- Conveys energy and enthusiasm for BG and personal work
- Adapts personal approach in response to diverse situations and people
- Responds to unexpected changes in work environment with creativity and resilience
- Establishes and upholds high personal standards for individual work and environment
- Maintains a customer-centric mentality versus a solely store-centric one
This job description is not designed to cover or contain comprehensive listing of duties, responsibilities, or activities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, activities may change at any time with or without notice.