DEPARTMENT: PR & MARKETING
REPORTS TO: Head of PR & Communications
LOCATION: 16-18 Propeller Park, 400 NCR Business Centre, London NW10 0AB
TERM: Permanent, full time
Cutler and Gross was founded on the principle that when it comes to eyewear, it’s not just about how we see the world, it’s about how others see us. For over 50 years now, it has been at the forefront of optical design - as trailblazers, disrupters and pioneers whose legacy has been much imitated, but never surpassed.
A brand built on friendship, it was established by opticians Mr Cutler and Mr Gross in 1969. Thanks to word of mouth, what began in London’s Knightsbridge as a small but innovative bespoke service soon became a fully-fledged mecca for artists, rock stars, writers, and royalty. Together, the pair had created the perfect balance between taste and technicality, quickly cementing their reputation as industry leaders in eyewear.
Using the finest raw materials, each individual frame is handmade by experienced craftspeople in its owns factory in Cadore, within the Italian Dolomites.
Today, the proudly independent eyewear brand has 6 flagship store locations in London, Bath, New York, Los Angeles and Toronto and is stocked in over 2000 Wholesale accounts in 50 countries around the world, and online at www.cutlerandgross.com
We are looking for a candidate with relevant practical experience and educated at degree or equivalent, in graphic design or relevant subject. You will have excellent typographic skills and comfortable in both print and digital. A creative problem solver with the skills to use design knowledge to tackle competing objectives in intelligent and practical ways.
The role provides multiple briefs, and the successful candidate must have the ability to expand and develop ideas in a clear and engaging manner across many international cultures, not be afraid to question and investigate to ensure the business needs are met.
As a key member of the Communications team, the position relies on a confident creative with energy, professionalism, and collaborative outlook.
Design and development of key brand assets, including but not limited to:
- Maintaining core brand guidelines and executing across all brand touch points, while keeping to tight deadlines.
- Develop design treatments and visual direction for window campaigns (retail and wholesale network globally), seasonal POS, store messaging, event invites and visuals plus international trade shows
- Designing and making brand presentations, including seasonal retail brand packs, wholesale catalogues, look books and brand book.
- Packaging design and updates for existing categories, with supplier management
- Support building content for website and social platforms alongside the digital graphic designer
- Create and maintain corporate document templates e.g., stationery, business cards, template documents.
- Gather and define project requirements, estimate project budgets, and define approach for effective timeline delivery
- Help with preparing impactful and engaging presentations for stakeholders at all levels
- Build, manage and nurture external relations with suppliers, wholesale network and retail team.
- Provide guidance and direction for the digital graphic designer
- 6-8+ years’ experience successfully managing a variety of graphics projects from beginning to end
- Experience in design applications e.g. Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Dedication to excellence in every output delivered
- Strong understanding of typography, colour, and layout with a keen interest in graphic design and be up to date with current trends
- Self-motivated and solution orientated with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A creative thinker with a desire to offer new concepts and solution-based designs
- Keen to collaborate and work closely with the wider team
- Punctual, organised, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Natural leadership skills, eager to teach and encourage
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and strong work ethic
- Ability to perform duties independently
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Great attention to detail and up to date knowledge of universal design
- Passion for your profession
Note: To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
Applicants should apply with a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
We are not accepting queries or candidate applications via recruitment agencies or consultants