Technical Designer | Pattern Maker | icebreaker NZ
Are you technically progressive, inspired by working with 100% natural products to create environmental and sustainable natural performance apparel?
Does the opportunity to join a talented team that is progressing towards a 3D technical design department excite you?
Then this could be the move you’ve been looking for, the move to natural.
Join the icebreaker Family
Founded in 1995 in New Zealand, icebreaker is a pioneer of ethical and sustainable natural performance apparel. Now a part of the VF Corporation, icebreaker continues to challenge the status quo while championing natural, transparent, and responsible ways to do business.
icebreaker looks to nature for the answers and for innovative ways to do more with less. Working with what nature provides and adapting as nature does, icebreaker enables consumers to join a movement towards choosing natural and preserving our planet for generations to come. We are on a mission to be Plastic Free by 2023 and transition all our apparel to merino or plant-based fibers – and we are 91% of the way there.
We’re a community of passionate, authentic, and adventurous achievers! Today, we’re a global brand with a diverse team across the Globe. We strive to celebrate those differences and create an inclusive culture where all are welcome.
How You Will Make a Difference
You will make an impact by maintaining the integrity of the icebreaker brand: ensuring to develop products consistent with established fits, quality standards, manufacturer capabilities, and cost specifications for designated apparel categories.
How you will do it
Your passion, experience, product knowledge, and skills will support and leverage icebreaker’s continual quest to enable creative expression for our consumers.
What success looks like
- Support our Technical Design Manager and Product Creation team in establishing the fit strategy for the season, and execute icebreaker fit and sizing standards to ensure fit consistency throughout collections.
- Be the pattern engineering and fit expert on the Product Creation team throughout the product development cycle.
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness, and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for Success
5-10 years’ experience in technical design, with experience in fitting and pattern cutting expertise in outdoor performance apparel an asset.
What we expect you already know:
- Experience and expertise in fit development, pattern creation for both women and menswear, grading and garment sizing.
- Understanding of garment construction standards, grading, manufacturing methods, materials and finishing techniques.
- Experience in working on both jersey and wovens technical apparel, with experience in merino and seamless product an advantage.
- Strong pattern development skills alongside sizing and fit expertise.
- Thorough understanding of the end-to-end product development process.
- Strong working experience and knowledge of product specifications, flat sketching, product fitting, and construction.
- Hands on attitude towards problem solving, including, but not limited to making mock ups and exploring more than one way of getting from A to B.
- Analytical ability to gather and interpret information to develop, recommend and implement solutions.
- A passionate high achiever with drive to deliver best in market product fit for purpose.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills, able to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Experience in PLM and Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience with Optitex or similar digital pattern creation software.
- A digital mindset with experience in 3 D pattern making or Digital Product Creation, Vstitcher capability an advantage.
What drives icebreakers
Your vibe attracts your tribe. At icebreaker, we believe our values set the standard. They create our vision and help us build a team of change-makers.
Authentic | He tūturu - We are real, unique human beings
Achiever | He waewae kai pakiaka - We relentlessly pursue and win
Passionate | He ngākau whiwhita - We are a force of nature, united by purpose
Adventurous | He waewae kai kapua - We don’t follow, we lead
Belonging | He toi whenua - We’re stronger together and brave enough to be different
What’s In It for You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all icebreakers. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com.
We just have one question. Are you in?