The Brand Manager (IMF) will play a key role in the development, launch, on-going management, and growth of an overarching Informa Markets Fashion brand and supporting brand initiatives that will drive revenue and position the Informa Markets Fashion portfolio as a go-to resource for the industry.
The person in this role is responsible for supporting and executing on overall brand strategy and for the ideation, development, management, and delivery of brand initiatives and brand marketing plans designed to attract and retain customers, influencers and industry partners, and build / maintain engaged communities aligned with Informa Markets Fashion’s wider audience and/or defined target customer segment(s).
They will be responsible for both preserving and enhancing the DNA of the brand they support. This trusted colleague manages the communications of brand initiatives internally and/or externally, and works collaboratively with marketing, content, creative teams to ensure that the visual aesthetics of digital or printed campaigns, content creation, and the brand voice is on par with the goals of a campaign plan and strategic 3 year business plans.
The ideal candidate is a storyteller at heart, and will use creativity, an analytical mindset, and an entrepreneurial spirit to ideate, develop, and execute brand initiatives and brand marketing campaign work that effectively builds the brand and drives both short and long-term business outcomes.
The ideal candidate must possess a deep understanding of brand management best practices, marketing campaign development, project management, and delivery, and be able to work successfully with multiple cross-functional teams across the wider marketing organization.
Additionally, the Brand Manager (IMF) is responsible for the management of external partners, resources, and freelancers, campaign calendars, promotion / delivery timelines, and other project management responsibilities as necessary.
They will work in close collaboration with marketing teams to ensure successful brand initiative and campaign performance across a variety of channels and to measure results and ROI.
Role Accountability and Duties:
- Work directly with the VP - Brand, Content and Community to ideate and support new initiatives that enhance the IMF brand, engage our target audience(s), drive revenue growth and awareness of our portfolio brands.
- Align marketing teams around the brand’s direction and strategy; collaborate actively with key cross functional teams to support delivery of strategic and tactical plans
- Translate the brand strategy into style guides, creative briefs, and ensure consistency across visual communication formats and marketing channels
- Plan and develop communications in collaboration with marketing leads for key marketing channels; ensure consistent tone and voice across all marketing materials and channels
- Work hand-in-hand with marketing team to plan and execute new and ongoing advertising activities and media plans; support marketing in analyzing performance and media partnership(s) ROI
- Acquire deep understanding of our industry, existing customer base, and target customer segments’ challenges and needs; disseminate knowledge internally and leverage findings to develop tactical plans to acquire, retain, and engage and deliver against them
- Partner with Director, Industry Insights as needed to develop brand-specific, topical, relevant content and insights initiatives as they relate to fashion-wide audience and/or specific target audiences and customer segments; identify appropriate new channels of distribution
- Collaborate with Director, Content & Community to help ideate and support the delivery social media activities that increase brand awareness, engagement, and conversion
- Liaise with and assist content and marketing teams on analyzing audience profile, growth engagement and brand content reach
- Interface with New Business / Business Development team to support sponsored content / brand product portfolio initiatives
- Monitor market trends and research activity by competitors; provide on-going updates and reports, present insights to key stakeholders and leadership as necessary
- Collaborate on the creation of experience/activation specific collateral and communications; ensure consistent and aligned brand voice/personality
- Work with content team as needed to execute fashion-wide campaign specific photo + video related initiatives (including content photoshoots and event photography).
- Liaise with Experiential, PR, and other team leads as needed to organize, execute, and contribute to brand installations, VIP receptions and community events
- Help manage brand and partnership budget(s); provide budgetary support including billing, coding of invoices, reconciliation, and tracking
- Project manage and actively collaborate with external agencies, partners, freelancers as needed to develop and deliver world-class brand initiatives and campaigns on time and on budget
- Prioritize work and resources across projects based on short- and long-term needs, establishing achievable delivery schedule
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Brand Management, Communications, or related field
- Previous experience in fashion marketing, brand management, and/or publishing ideal
- Exceptional written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to apply those skills and knowledge across multiple marketing formats
- Creative, positive, high-energy attitude and a strong sense of urgency and teamwork
- Strong project management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills and are able to function at a high performance level on a tight schedule
- Solid computer skills, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Proven success working in matrixed organizations and influencing internal stakeholders, services and platforms. Comfortable collaborating internally and externally
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to take projects and run with them
- Well-traveled, culturally sensitive, and able to balance human factors with professional expectations
- Articulate and responsive in communications, eloquent in the written and spoken word and able to build strong business relationships. Well-developed presentation skills.
- Interest in fashion and retail industries, fashion experience and understanding of industry a plus
- Problem solving – you balance stakeholder needs while maintaining brand and business objectives. You can identify roadblocks, determine fixes, and work in a team environment to implement the solutions to get to the end goal
- Out of the box thinking -- You are willing to challenge norms and come up with fresh ideas and approaches on reaching audiences and engaging our customers
- Objective Leadership -- your effectiveness in keeping the team together and getting work done is a function of leadership and character, not rank or title
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated, and adaptable, able to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines and activities simultaneously
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnership
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.