Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
Ralph Lauren is embarking on a Digital Transformational journey to upgrade our Global Customer Data Platform. The desired outcome will improve our understanding and communication strategy regarding the Ralph Lauren customer. This role will support the implementation and maintenance of Customer Data assets, integration and architecture. The selected candidate will possess advanced expertise in the subject of data governance as related to Architecture Technology & Customer Data Management. The primary focus of this role is centered on understanding the importance of data quality and governance. The teams will leverage key existing marketing technologies at RL and our Data Lake while implementing our new Customer Data Platform on Redpoint Global. The CDP Data Steward sits in the Customer Data Team reporting into the CDP Architect.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Responsible for data quality and data accuracy across all group delivery initiatives.
* Responsible for data analysis, data profiling, data modeling, and data mapping capabilities.
* Responsible for reviewing and governing data queries and DML.
* Accountable for the assessment, delivery, quality, accuracy, and tracking of any production data fixes.
* Accountable for the performance, quality, and alignment to requirements for all data query design and development.
* Accountable for the delivery of any IT developed reports (Hyperion, Cognos, etc.).
* Responsible for defining standards and best practices for data analysis, modeling, and queries.
* Responsible for understanding end-to-end data flows and identifying data dependencies in support of delivery, release, and change management.
* Responsible for the development and maintenance of an enterprise data dictionary that is aligned to data assets and the business glossary for group responsible for the definition and maintenance of group's data landscape including overlays with the technology landscape, end-to-end data flows/transformations and data lineage.
* Responsible for rationalizing group's reporting posture through the definition and maintenance of a reporting strategy and roadmap.
* Partners with others to ensure solutions adhere to the organization's data principles and guidelines.
* Owns group's data assets including reports, data warehouse, etc.
* Accountable for defining the performance tuning needs for all group data assets and managing the implementation of those requirements within the context of group initiatives as well as steady-state production.
* Partners with others in test data management and masking strategies and the creation of a reusable test data repository.
* Responsible for group's relationship with information management and the alignment of group's reporting roadmap with IM's roadmap.
* Responsible for governing data access for all group's data assets.
* Responsible for solving data related issues and communicating resolutions with other solution domains.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Bachelor's degree in data science, computer science, engineering, or related field preferred.
* 3-5 years of experience in information architecture or minimum 5-7 years' experience as data analyst, business intelligence analyst, or equivalent roles.
* Hands-on experience with implementing data management programs.
* Ability to effectively manage and communicate with a team, both written and verbal.
* Must be self-motivated/self-starter in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work independently and within a team to resolve problems with limited information.
* Must have excellent business and process management skills, with an analytical mind to identify improvement opportunities and able to work with the business on executing and managing projects.
* Experience developing reference architecture, principles and standards.
* Good knowledge of data management, data integration, and database development techniques.
* Demonstrated knowledge of SQL.
* ETL and experience with 3rd Party ETL Technologies (MS SSIS, Alteryx, Informatica, etc.).
* Prior experience with Customer MDM implementations, preferably in Retail.
* Experience with Redpoint Data Management a plus.