Casablanca are looking for an experienced PD to join their team. This role would be overseeing the development of all Knitwear styles and assisting with Jersey.
- Following the development of high complexity styles within the Knitwear and Jersey ranges from initial design allocation through to production sign off.
- Support in the planning of seasonal structure to ensure on time delivery of samples with external vendors.
- Building a strong relationship with the design, atelier and production teams, acting as their main point of contact throughout the development lifecycle.
- Attending fittings and advising design on technical feasibility, passing on all comments to suppliers and problem solving any issues.
- Experience with suppliers in Portugal, Italy and Far East, and good knowledge of their ways of working/timings.
- Drawing on understanding of knitwear and jersey techniques and construction to ensure best execution of the design teams vision. Including knowledge of Bringing knowledge of different stitches, intarsia, jacquards, machines, seamless, hand knits and crochet.
- Plan and oversee costing during sample to ensure developments meet target pricing while balancing commercial awareness and creativity.
- Organizing appropriate lab testing, including arranging knit downs in the required yarns / constructions, and reviewing results to flag potential areas of risk
- Complete detailed tech packs for SMS launch and update with all changes at production handover.
- Ensure accurate and timely entry of data for all product information in Zedonk.
- At least 5 years experience within Knitwear.
- Strong costing and negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of both fully fashioned and cut/sew garment construction.
- Good understanding of yarn and knowledge of yarn and trim suppliers
- Good understanding of luxury finishings
- Highly organised, working well independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize, manage and coordinate diverse activities simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly proficient in MS office applications, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Zedonk experience would be an advantage