Casablanca are looking for an experienced PD to join their team. This role would be overseeing the development of all Tailoring, Shirting and Denim styles.
- Following the development of high complexity styles within the Tailoring, Shirting and Denim ranges from initial design allocation through to production sign off.
- Support in the planning of seasonal structure to ensure on time delivery of samples with the in house atelier and external vendors.
- Building a strong relationship with the design, atelier and production teams, acting as their main point of contact throughout the development lifecycle.
- Assisting in the process of material sourcing and development as needed.
- Attending fittings and advising design on technical feasibility, passing on all comments to suppliers and problem solving any issues.
- Experience with suppliers in Portugal, Italy and Far East, and good knowledge of their ways of working/timings.
- Drawing on advanced understanding of tailoring techniques and construction to ensure best execution of the design teams vision.
- Plan and oversee costing during sample to ensure developments meet target pricing while balancing commercial awareness and creativity.
- Complete detailed tech packs for SMS launch and update with all changes at production handover.
- Ensure accurate and timely entry of data for all product information in Zedonk.
- At least 5-8 years experience within
- Tailoring and Denim.
- Strong costing and negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of garment construction.
- Good understanding of textiles and knowledge of fabric and trim suppliers
- Highly organised, working well independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize, manage and coordinate diverse activities simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly proficient in MS office applications, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Zedonk experience would be an advantage