- Casablanca Paris
- London (Central), London (Greater) (GB)
- Closing date
- 31 Aug 2022
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Casablanca are looking for an experienced PD to join their team. This role would be overseeing the development of all Embroidery, Eveningwear and Leather styles.
- Following the development of high complexity styles within the category ranges from initial design allocation through to production sign off.
- Support in the planning of seasonal structure to ensure on time delivery of samples with the in house atelier and external vendors.
- Building a strong relationship with the design, atelier and production teams, acting as their main point of contact throughout the development lifecycle.
- Assisting in the process of material sourcing and development as needed.
- Attending fittings and advising design on technical feasibility, passing on all comments to suppliers and problem solving any issues.
- Experience with suppliers in India, Italy and Far East, and good knowledge of their ways of working/timings.
- Drawing on advanced understanding of embroidery techniques and processes to ensure best execution of the design teams vision.
- Plan and oversee costing during sample to ensure developments meet target pricing while balancing commercial awareness and creativity.
- Complete detailed tech packs for SMS launch and update with all changes at production handover.
- Ensure accurate and timely entry of data for all product information in Zedonk.
- At least 5-8 years experience within Embroidery and Leather.
- Strong costing and negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of garment construction.
- Good understanding of textiles and knowledge of fabric and trim suppliers
- Highly organised, working well independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize, manage and coordinate diverse activities simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills Highly proficient in MS office applications, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Zedonk experience would be an advantage
Casablanca comes to life in a palette that simultaneously evokes the clay courts of Stade Roland Garros and the sunbaked terracotta of North Africa; accented with fresh tennis whites and pops of pastel. Sportswear inspired silhouettes are refined but relaxed, and presented in crisp cotton and plush terrycloth.
Casablanca’s aesthetic is a fusion between lux and leisurewear, a perfect equilibrium of comfort and elegance. Casablanca re-interprets timeless environments of a luxurious heritage hotel suite or a crisp glass of champagne at a private country club terrace sunset. By adding a vivacity of colour keeps the brand youthful and easily inserted into a plethora of daily living.
Casablanca is a modern reimagining of the timeless apres-sport aesthetic.
Applying Neapolitan tailoring techniques to tennis inspired statement pieces. Casablanca offers pieces for wearing when the days exertions are done, but the night has not yet begun. Those magical hours, marked by their sense of ease and heady anticipation, can be the most decadent part of the day. It’s a combination that belies the rich dual heritage of Casablanca’s French-Moroccan founder, Charaf Tajer.
70 Wapping Wall
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert