DEPARTMENT: Brand Communications
REPORTS TO: Global Head of PR & Communications
LOCATION: 16-18 Propeller Park, 400 NCR Business Centre, London NW10 0AB
TERM: Permanent, full time
Cutler and Gross was founded on the principle that when it comes to eyewear, it’s not just about how we see the world, it’s about how others see us. For over 50 years now, it has been at the forefront of optical design - as trailblazers, disrupters and pioneers whose legacy has been much imitated, but never surpassed.
A brand built on friendship, it was established by opticians Mr Cutler and Mr Gross in 1969. Thanks to word of mouth, what began in London’s Knightsbridge as a small but innovative bespoke service soon became a fully-fledged mecca for artists, rock stars, writers and royalty. Together, the pair had created the perfect balance between taste and technicality, quickly cementing their reputation as industry leaders in eyewear.
Using the finest raw materials, each individual frame is handmade by experienced craftspeople in its owns factory in Cadore, within the Italian Dolomites.
Today, the proudly independent eyewear brand has 6 flagship store locations in London, Bath, New York, Los Angeles and Toronto and is stocked in over 2000 Wholesale accounts in 50 countries around the world, and online at www.cutlerandgross.com
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Brand Communications team for a Marketing Manager at Cutler and Gross.
Reporting to the Global Head of PR and Communications, you will drive and manage the delivery of all brand marketing initiatives globally, from briefing to launch, whilst building relationships with key brand partners, wholesale stockists and stakeholders.
You will work with the brand communications team to deliver marketing campaigns across all channels ensuring all deliverables and KPIs are met. You will work closely with Sales, E-Commerce, Design, Brand PR and Social, and Retail team.
As a key member of the Communications team, the position relies on a confident creative with energy, professionalism, and collaborative outlook.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of long and short-range marketing calendars and planning. Manage the global marketing communications, ensure all business functions, and key stakeholders are updated regularly and approvals achieved.
- Deliver the critical path and manage relationships and communications with agents, distributors, and licence partners, ensuring they have the tools to support our brand at a local level and monitor all partner communications to ensure brand alignment (brand features, use of brand assets and supporting copy/tone of voice)
- Liaise with Sales, E-commerce, PR, and Retail teams for the timely delivery of high-quality seasonal collateral (i.e., POS) and assets (line sheets, catalogues and look books) prior to the start of the season and international trade shows
- Work with Head of Comms and Creative Director on seasonal campaign shoot and still life shoots (Italy).
- Manage and distribute brand marketing budget, obtain authorisation for spend with the CFO and (Head of Comms) and liaison with logistics to ensure timely deliveries. Communication with wholesale and retail business of image expiration dates and collateral.
- Monitor regular updates and management of all B2B wholesale portals with the Ecommerce Manager.
- Create a dedicated Retail Marketing strategy to ensure customers are regularly engaged through meaningful brand moments in store globally, through a series of events, instore brand collateral (including window campaigns) and drive product messaging across the stores globally.
- Develop trade media plans with the Head of Comms and Sales Director and local digital branding campaigns in line with regional priorities to amplify local brand awareness and to drive traffic/sales on and offline.
- To strengthen the liaison and working relationship with our license partner brands, ensuring the marketing needs of the company are leveraged, prioritised, and met accordingly.
- Work closely with the Sales Director, Head of Communications and Creative Director to identify strategic brand partnerships and collaborations globally and project lead on campaign execution.
- Daily liaison with relevant key internal stakeholders, including our retail teams, as well as our wider B2B network and the marketing teams of our partner suppliers such as Essilor.
- Develop and manage the PR and Marketing Assistant and graphic design team, driving their success and coaching to ensure their progression.
- Stay current on global creative and market trends and regularly communicate to the relevant business functions.
- Support with the creation of brand presentations across the business.
- Implement reporting systems to measure the efficiency and commercial success of campaigns and present these to the business.
Who you are:
- 8+ years experience in Brand Marketing.
- Able to encompass the Cutler and Gross’ brand and values and truly represent the spirit of the company.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- A self-starter, action-oriented, resourceful and can take a project from start to completion including the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Can thrive creatively with the ability to produce innovative and original ideas.
- Has a global mindset, drawing upon creative influences across creative genres.
- Proven experience in formulating and executing strategy and creating synergy with messaging amongst relevant business functions.
- A strategic thinker with an understanding of luxury fashion and eyewear.
- Extensive experience in e-commerce and physical retail.
- Previous experience in managing team members, eager to teach and encourage.
- You are organised, reactive and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Able to prioritise effectively the needs of the different wholesale accounts, alongside our retail business.
- Embrace international travel.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and strong work ethic
- Ability to perform duties independently
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Great attention to detail
- Passion for brand and your profession
Note: To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
Applicants should apply with a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are not accepting queries or candidate applications via recruitment agencies or consultants