Assistant Store Manager
- Roermond, Netherlands
- Closing date
- 31 Jan 2023
- Entry Level / Assistant
Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
Through your passion for your product area and drive to deliver exceptional service you will assist the Department Manager to manage one of the four departments within the store - Brit, Menswear, Ladieswear & Childrenswear or Accessories. You will guide the team to deliver an iconic customer experience. With the Department Manager you will be responsible for the efficient running of the department and will support the senior store management team in the running of the store.
- To assist the Department Manager in leading a high performing customer facing and service orientated department.
- To ensure that all customers serviced in the department are given the full Burberry Experience in line with brand strategies. In order to achieve this you will need to ensure that your team are fully trained.
- Drive department productivity and profitability e.g. conversion rates, sales, UPT, AUR, customer data capture etc.
- In the absence of the Department Manager communicate effectively with relevant merchants for the department.
- Be considered a specialist of and an ambassador for the department's product category.
- Be aware of current advertising and marketing campaigns, new product launches and promotions and ensure this is communicated to your team.
- Leverage your Customer Relationship Management (CRM) supporting the development of a loyal customer base and develop your team to achieve the highest quality of customer profile capture with every transaction.
- Ensure that employees have sound product knowledge and are aware of company policies and procedures.
- Drive digital agenda and ensure employees are driving digital sales.
- Assist the Department Manager in planning the department in accordance with trading requirements, ensuring that customer traffic and demand can be met with the right employees at the right time.
- Assist in recruiting, on-boarding, developing and retaining talented employees within the department.
- Assist the Department Manager in carrying out monthly development plans and annual reviews for all members of the department.
- Cascade company communications to all members of the department and lead by example when embracing brand messages.
- To ensure you emanate the Burberry Leadership behaviours when dealing with all areas of the store and business.
- To uphold and communicate the company culture. Bring to life Burberry's core values - Protect, Explore, Inspire.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent people management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to increase sales and profitability.
- Demonstrate sound commercial and brand awareness.
- Proven ability to drive and maintain exceptional customer service standards.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
- Proven strong performance within a store/concession supervisory/management role in a high volume and high turnover environment.
- Relevant experience in relation to the departments product category
- Technical proficiency with SAP and MS applications.
- Passion for technology and proven ability to embrace new technology.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Pays-Bas || Non applicable || Roermond || RETAIL OFFLINE || OUTLET || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert