Finance Analyst, Marketing and Visual Merchandising
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
The Financial Analyst, will provide support to the Senior Finance Manager and is responsible for the delivery of central financial analysis, providing insights to drive accountability in budget management, unlocking operational efficiencies and ensuring financial plans reflect group and functional strategies.
This individual must have keen interest in both Marketing & Visual Merchandising functions, building strong relationships with the functions to support, challenge and influence decision makers.
Regular interaction with business partners is necessary to ensure cost, forecast and budget aligns with corporate requirements and consistent understanding and execution of the strategy.
This role will also be required to support or, on occasion, lead on transformation projects and adhoc initiatives.
Business Performance Management and Decision Support
• Develop and establish processes for a smooth delivery of the global month-end close; lead in partnering with central budget owners to ensure that all marketing and visual merchandising accounts are accurately completed.
• Prepare and review management reports to ensure accuracy and presentation in line with business requirements (actuals, forecast, budget). Provide insightful commentary for stakeholders.
• Lead on improving the processing and integrity of financial data, re-designing processes to further streamline reporting and ways of working.
• Continuous critical review of ways of workings and processes to identify opportunities for improvements in process efficiencies and controls as the business grows, whilst ensuring resources are effectively allocated.
• Perform financial modelling and deliver analysis and insight to optimise strategic investments
Planning Budgeting & Forecasting
• Support business with budget control through timely reporting and good communication skills.
• Drive, coordinate, review and evaluate the development of central plans, budgets & forecasts (including tracking of R&O) ensuring the most profitable allocation of resources through financial insights & constructive challenge.
• Supports the continuous improvement of planning, budgeting and forecasting processes.
• Build a strong partnership with the business providing analysis, challenge and insight on commercial finance matters and strategies. Pro-actively address areas that may not have been previously considered.
• Maintain regular update meetings with key stakeholders to ensure existing costs and new developments are in line with budget, flagging budget risks and opportunities to Senior Manager as appropriate.
• Be a key support for the teams to drive effectiveness of investments across channels, markets and campaigns.
• Act as the interface with key finance stakeholders.
• Management Accounting/Budgeting/Forecasting
• Some business partnering experience preferable.
• Proven ability to drive improvements.
Qualifications and Skills
• Excellent Excel Skills
• SAP, BPC Reporting - preferable
• Strong modelling and analytical background with an attention to detail
• SAP, BW reporting
• Strong inter-personal, communication and influencing skills
• Commercial acumen
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || COMMERCIAL FINANCE || n/a ||