Sr. Data Scientist
- Tory Burch
- New York, New York, United States
- Closing date
- 5 Dec 2022
- Senior Manager
You are seeking a work environment where people are encouraged to dream, explore, discover and, as important, laugh together. If you're prepared to work hard, create impact, and have fun while doing it, we would love to have you join #TeamTory. Apply today!
Life @ToryBurch is Special Because:
When you join us, you're joining a global, purpose-led company on an exciting growth journey with an amazing culture and great benefits.
- Our culture is welcoming and inclusive -- everyone is empowered to make a difference.
- We have the best team in the world and believe in paying competitively and rewarding for high performance.
- Your overall well-being is important to us; we offer generous benefits to help you take care of your mental and physical health, create financial security, and achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- We love seeing our employees wear our beautiful collections. You'll receive a generous employee discount and access to exclusive sample sales.
- We are invested in your professional growth - you'll have access to free executive coaching on-demand.
- We believe in the importance of giving back and you'll have many opportunities to do just that through the Tory Burch Foundation and paid volunteer days.
This Role is Tailor-Made for You Because:
You will be part of a team who are obsessed about using data and insights to support decision making across the enterprise to drive customer and revenue growth & profitability. You build and execute strategies, and aim to give the Tory Burch business a competitive edge by leveraging data science solutions and enabling new infrastructure technologies. A sense of humor is a plus!
A Day in the Life:
The typical day is... atypical. You might be:
- Working with business stakeholders such as CRM, Loyalty, Digital Marketing teams to use advanced analytics and predictive modeling/Machine Learning to solve ambiguous and complex business problems and derive customer insights to help business actions. Example projects: customer segmentation, customer lifetime value, retention, acquisition, marketing attribution, marketing mix etc.
- Maintaining and improving the existing ML models and collaborate with Data Engineering team to deploy and manage the lifecycles of the ML models. Developing frameworks or libraries that can be reused by different regions and improve future efficiency.
- Partnering with marketing teams to design proper testing (A/B tests) and metrics, give recommendations on proper testing procedures and KPIs that measure success which address business priorities and strategies.
- Communicating and translating data science results to all levels of business stakeholders who don't have technical background.
- Partnering with DE/IT teams to design and implement new data sources, participate in UAT (user acceptance tests) to ensure accuracy of the data and attributes, mine and engineer new features to be used across the analytics teams.
- Managing multiple priorities across a mix of ad-hoc and operational projects
The consistent thread is that you'll be working with an amazing team of women and men who share your passion for excellence.
To Land This Role:
- 5+ years of experience in Data Science, advanced analytics, or similar experience in applying statistical methods and machine learning techniques with high levels of proficiency. eCommerce experience is preferred
- Advanced Degree (Master's or PhD) with a specialization in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research, or other quantitative fields or equivalent is preferred
- Mastery of Python, SQL, or other scripting/automation techniques
- Experience with Cloud platforms, Big Data Processing, Spark is strongly preferred
- Expert in sophisticated analyses and regularly use of advanced statistical and machine learning methods in your work
- Actively trying new approaches to advance your technical skills
- Experience with Tableau, or other data visualization software is preferred
- Strong documentation, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated through collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Committed to working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
Why You'll Want to Join Our Team:
We are a group of analysts and data scientists who are passionate about data and customer insights. We leverage data & insights to support decision making across the enterprise to drive customer growth, revenue growth & profitability. We love learning and innovating, and connecting the dots for the businesses.
How We Work Together
- Adaptable - We change before we have to
- Entrepreneurial - We own it
- Collaborative - There's no "I" in Tory
- Client & Brand Focused - We put ourselves in Tory's shoes
- Live the Values - We show up for each other
- Functional Expertise - We're constantly learning and growing
We show up with honesty & kindness, act with integrity & compassion, work with passion & humility and lead with excellence & humor.
The compensation range for this position is 150,000.00 USD - 180,000.00 USD. Our offer will be based on your relevant experience and work location.
We offer a generous set of benefits to help you take care of your heath, create financial security, and achieve wellness in all areas of your life. Here are highlights of key benefits available to all Tory Burch members that work over 30 hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Tory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Tory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Tory Burch is an American lifestyle brand that embodies the personal style and sensibility of its Chairman, CEO and Chief Creative Officer, Tory Burch. Launched in February 2004, the collection includes ready-to-wear, shoes, handbags, accessories, watches, home and beauty. There are more than 200 Tory Burch boutiques across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and Asia, and the brand is available at over 3,000 department and specialty stores worldwide and toryburch.com. In 2015, the Company introduced Tory Sport, a performance activewear collection that celebrates the elegance of sport. Inspired by the grace and strength of athletes. Tory Sport balances high-tech fabrics with classic design.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert