Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that's run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand - our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We've built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what's next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we're headed, we'd love to have you join us.About the Role
Yeezy Gap is looking for a versatile, self-driven, full-time Creative Designer to join our Creative Marketing team. The designer will help bring the Yeezy Gap brand to life digitally, physically, and experientially. Our ideal candidate is a design specialist with demonstrated ability to focus on creative quality, speed, and accuracy while maintaining a flexible approach and the ability to pivot depending on the needs of the business.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Works in close partnership with the Head of Creative Marketing to provide recommendations and designs based on the needs of the business.
- Works in collaboration with the Graphic Design Team to concept, design, and execute any seasonal marketing projects and tasks.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the design, digital, and print production processes and combine this knowledge with the objectives and budgets to solve creative challenges.
- Independently identify issues and resolutions quickly and thoroughly.
- Ability to create any design instructions clearly for pre-production handoffs and review and mark up call-outs on mechanicals and proofs.
- Work directly and collaboratively with the Yeezy creative studio to meet final objectives towards the best creative solutions.
- Participate in developing realistic timelines. Work from production schedules and status to manage time and prioritize daily workload. Ensure work is completed on time.
Benefits at Gap
- Ability to fully understand, articulate, and design into the Gap and Yeezy aesthetic, diagnose and react to creative feedback, and work quickly to design and execute best in class marketing materials.
- Ability to sustain professional demeanor despite unscheduled work, revisions and short timelines.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across geographies in a matrixed environment where speed and cultural sensitivity is crucial.
- Strong aesthetic intelligence with a passion for style and fashion that illustrates a balanced understanding of Gap and YEEZY brands.
- 1-3 years of experience working in a brand, advertising or design studio environment with versatile knowledge in graphic design, branding, 3D, animation and illustration.
- Strong aesthetic intelligence with the ability to conceptualize text, visualize information, and articulate complex concepts through design.
- Experience in managing timelines and projects that require the ability to flex as obstacles are presented.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row. US Candidates - Non NYC
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc's quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.'s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates - NYC
Beginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).