Operations and Personal Assistant
- Head of Operations and EA
- Founder and Photographer
- Support Head of Operations/EA in all David Sims Photography Ltd administrative tasks, including all areas of the business - Office, Operations and Production. Working closely with the Head of Operations/EA on the principle's personal/family responsibilities. Role requires discretion, flexibility and a strong work ethic. Main responsibilities listed below:
David Sims Photography Ltd Business
- Point of contact for all internal and external requests, via all communication channels.
- Responsible for all company running requests.
- Supporting all departments with day to day problem solving.
- Point of contact for daily London travel.
- First point of contact for all operational requests, issues and annual maintenance visits.
- Provide support to all teams to ensure the smooth running of jobs, special projects, ad-hoc projects, meetings, productions and events.
- Responsible for ordering stationary, letter head and general supplies.
- Managing office, staff and job calendars.
- Responsible for tracking important industry dates and birthday’s; gifting on behalf of the director.
- Maintaining up to date contact lists for the business via shared contacts and google sheets.
- Record keeper of petty cash and responsible for assigned company cards, reporting to finance and full back up of receipts and expenditure.
- Processing and tracking all invoices for purchases made.
- Maintain effective online and physical filing systems.
- Creating and maintaining David Sims Photography Ltd master operations spreadsheet/tracker.
- Creating and updating the job spreadsheet and liaising with accounts to ensure correct billing.
- Responsible for production kit, ensuring kit is complete before jobs and replenishing afterwards.
- Work collaboratively with production, agency, photo and studio teams.
- Assist Head of Operations with:
- The directors business travel (accommodation, travel, cars, covid requirements, visas etc.)
- On set support when shooting in London
- Organisation of company events and parties
- Creation of all ongoing project trackers to ensure objectives, deadlines and budgets are adhered to.
- Company visa applications.
- Non-sensitive HR administration
- Point of contact for personal requests from the director, his partner and children.
- Tracking important all family personal dates – birthdays, holidays, etc.
- Organisation of all family personal events.
- Responsible for booking all family personal appointment and reservations.
- Updating personal calendars.
- Managing personal databases, contacts, contracts and filing systems.
- Creation and regular update of personal spreadsheets to ensure deadlines are met and budgets are adhered to (refurbishments, vehicle trackers, archive to barn etc.).
- Tracking children’s school holidays.
- Management of personal projects (refurbishments, moving, personal shoots etc.).
- Assist Operations Manager with:
- All domestic and international travel
- Reviewing personal expenditure and reporting back to CFO and the principle.
- The running of Cornwall and London properties.
- Ensuring all personal bills and invoices are paid and filled efficiently
- All legal and financial obligations including insurances, tax, vehicle management, utilities, school fees etc.
Required Experience and Skills
- London based.
- Genuine interest in succeeding in an administrative role within the fashion or creative industry.
- Minimum 1-2 years administrative experience in fashion or creative industry.
- Experience working or interning at the highest level of the industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Proficient in both MAC and Windows, with good knowledge of Photoshop and Microsoft programs.
- Capable to work under pressure, multitask while adhering to deadlines.
- Highly organised, proactive, efficient and with a meticulous eye for detail.
*This role is not suitable to someone who would like to be a photographer or further their technical skills in photography. The role is office/administrative based within a creative studio*