Accounts Receivable Specialist
This role is based out of our New York corporate office and reports to the Accounts Receivable Manager.
- Maintain current balances for accounts receivable including those on high-volume retail accounts
- Manage chargebacks (investigate, seek approval, dispute, log the status, follow up the reversal, documentation, validate, write-off, etc.)
- Post daily deposits to client accounts, properly applying to outstanding invoices and offsets
- Troubleshoot account issues causing late payments or excess chargebacks
- Flag nonresponsive delinquent accounts to Accounts Receivable Manager
- Work with complementary business functions such as sales and logistics
- Organize and maintain relevant accounting details and files
- Provide coverage for team members as needed
- 3-5 years’ Accounts Receivable experience
- Experience with chargeback resolution and with customer disputes strongly preferred
- Experience with major retailers a plus
- Experience with international accounts in a consumer goods setting a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exemplary analytical skills with ability to resolve multiple ongoing issues
- Ability to establish and maintain positive internal and external working relationships
- Entrepreneurial mindset and goal-oriented (self-directed, proactive, and able to define and execute projects independently)
- Proficiency with MS-Office specifically MS Excel, including pivot tables and vlookup
At Veronica Beard, we are committed to creating and maintaining a workplace where every single employee can thrive and feel valued. As a company, we firmly believe that there is strength in diversity. We seek to recruit talent from a variety of perspectives and backgrounds and are actively seeking candidates with a dedication to advancing equity, inclusion, and racial and social justice in their work.
Veronica Beard is committed to an environment of mutual respect and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. No employee or applicant is discriminated against because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.