Veronica Beard is an elevated American ready-to-wear brand that strikes the balance between cool and classic. The brand provides a modern perspective on iconic wardrobe pieces and delivers a lifestyle offering that has expanded to include jeans and shoes. Thoughtfully designed with feminine silhouettes and refined tailoring, the collection is intuitively built for real life – empowering her from day to night, work to weekend, and everywhere in between.
The Payroll/AP Specialist is responsible for coordinating and processing payroll while providing support for the AP process. This role is based out of our New York corporate office reporting to the Finance Manager.
- Performs all functions required to process the bi-weekly payroll including auditing timecards, coordinating with Human Resources
- Processing multi jurisdiction payroll, including Canada and UK
- Preparing journal entries to record payroll to G/L
- Commissions calculations
- Serve as a resource for payroll related issues to resolve grievances or pay discrepancies with employees, HR, legal, accounting, benefits, or government agencies
- Support year end processing and special projects including internal and external audits relating to payroll
- In support of AP, receiving, processing, invoices, verifying vendor accounts/statements, paying vendors, and resolving discrepancies
- Ability to drive ownership of their area of responsibility to consistently meet deadlines
- 3-5+ years payroll and AP experience preferred
- Experience with high volume payroll
- Knowledgeable about federal and state payroll regulations and requirements
- Proficient in Payroll software (ADP US, Canada, UK preferred)
- Strong Excel skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification a plus
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision
At Veronica Beard, we are committed to creating and maintaining a workplace where every single employee can thrive and feel valued. As a company, we firmly believe that there is strength in diversity. We seek to recruit talent from a variety of perspectives and backgrounds and are actively seeking candidates with a dedication to advancing equity, inclusion, and racial and social justice in their work.
Veronica Beard is committed to an environment of mutual respect and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. No employee or applicant is discriminated against because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.