At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities. JOB PURPOSE
A key role within the Japan Visual Merchandising team, the VM Production Manager is responsible for delivering world-class, brand-enhancing windows, instore touchpoints and other creative brand moments in the Japan region. The candidate is required to possess strong interpersonal skills and bring creativity, organization as well as a solution orientated approach to the department. They must be able to work independently while understanding the full strategic vision of the brand, displaying agility and flexibility to achieve results, and have the ability to think creatively and innovatively in a fast-paced environment. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner closely with Head Office in London to coordinate, produce and install all visual creative projects (windows, touchpoints, pop ups etc) in 50 retail locations across Japan.
- Manage the creation of window layouts based on creative guidelines from Central HO to produce high quality window schemes in the most cost efficient manner.
- Manage and track the Japan windows and creative budget: Ensure submission of Purchase Order requests, negotiate with suppliers, forecast budget by scheme/by window for the year and supply up to date fiscal information to Finance and Central HO.
- Manage and oversee the selection, production and installation of other creative projects e.g: graphics, vinyls, props etc.
- Manage external vendor: communicating creative briefs, working with vendors by quickly communicating updates, negotiating prices, and ensuring PO process is followed.
- Liaise closely with logistic team: Communicating import props details, packing list, expected delivery schedule.
- Manage freelance support when appropriate.
- Support and develop the field VM team by providing regular feedback and hands-on assistance with window installations to help refine the processes and upskill the teams.
- Conduct the window brief meeting for store VMA and store manager: creation of window guideline packs to communicate to store team, including layouts, install details and other helpful tips as well as coordination of creative calendar for installations within the region.
- Facilitate post project reviews to identify improvements in procedure, successes and failures and potential cost savings.
- Liaise with multiple external vendors: Identifying and sourcing props, materials, hardware etc, and build a database of quality suppliers and manufacturers.
- Strong design background demonstrating detailed knowledge of display processes and technical disciplines, with a minimum of 5-7 years working within a similar role.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a passion for innovation, creativity and perfection.
- Ability to manage and deliver large scale projects installing over a large number of locations at the same time.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Adobe CS, Photoshop, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Additional experience in 3d modeling, Rhino Sketch Up, Cinema 4d is preferable.
- Experience of working in fashion, retail or art environments.
- Expert understanding of production techniques both 2D and 3D.
- Business-level English language.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Nice to have k nowledge of Ariba/SA P
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Japan || Not Applicable || Tokyo || VISUAL MERCHANDISING || NO DEPARTMENT - FIS9019 || n/a ||