Director of Advocacy
- Santa Monica, California
- Closing date
- 15 Nov 2022
- Director / President / C Suite
During the height of COVID-19, the country stood in awe of the bravery and sacrifice of our healthcare professionals—and rightly so. They cared for us through some of the darkest days in our history, often at great physical and mental cost to themselves and their families.
The issues facing our healthcare community are significant. From severe pay inequity to a lack of mental health resources, from on-the-job safety challenges to unmanageable patient staffing ratios, the healthcare community we so passionately serve needs our help to fight for them.
Our Director of Advocacy will help lead FIGS' effort to fight for our healthcare community, to bring attention and focus to the issues they're facing, and to find solutions that will bring about real change for them. This will be accomplished through a variety of means, including grassroots organizing efforts, partnerships with other like-minded organizations, campaigns, and lobbying our elected representatives and other political leaders for legislative and other related solutions. This is a great opportunity for someone seasoned in government relations or public affairs to join a mission-oriented company looking to give back to our community of healthcare professionals.
What you'll do:
- Develop policy proposals and strategies
- Support legislative policies at the federal and state levels
- Advocate on behalf of healthcare workers to a variety of parties, stakeholders, and government leaders, as well as engage community, industry, and related organizations
- Represent FIGS in Congress and in the executive branch and build strong relationships with policymakers to implement policies that improve the lives of healthcare workers
- Work directly with our community of brand Ambassadors to advance our advocacy initiatives
- Develop public relations campaigns to support these efforts
- Build coalitions with other like-minded organizations
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- 5-7 years of experience in government relations or public affairs roles
- Proven track record for advancing critical policy initiatives
- Strong relationships across an ideological spectrum
- Knowledge of policies affecting healthcare workers is a plus
- Detail-oriented and well-organized self-starter
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to self-manage and ability to working in a fast-paced environment
- Highly energetic personality
A little bit about us...
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS' foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS' Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS' Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.
FIGS is a founder-led, direct-to-consumer healthcare apparel and lifestyle brand that seeks to celebrate, empower and serve current and future generations of healthcare professionals. We are committed to helping this growing, global community of professionals, whom we refer to as Awesome Humans, look, feel and perform at their best—24/7, 365 days a year. We create technically advanced apparel and products that feature an unmatched combination of comfort, durability, function and style, all at an affordable price. In doing so, we have redefined what scrubs are—giving rise to our tag-line: why wear scrubs, when you can #wearFIGS?
10 years ago, we started FIGS with a mission to celebrate, empower and serve healthcare professionals. Their days of being forgotten, deprioritized or forced to make do with substandard products were over. We do this in four key ways:
- Product - We create innovative products that enable healthcare professionals to perform at their best while looking and feeling good.
- DTC Platform - We use a digitally-native direct-to-consumer platform to get them the products they need in a convenient and seamless way
- Connection - We celebrate healthcare professionals by highlighting the incredible contributions they make every day and by telling their stories through our platform.
- Community - We bring them together through the community we’ve built.
We do all of this because the healthcare community is that important. If we celebrate, empower, and serve them, we will not only make their experience better, we can inspire more people to become healthcare professionals. Making an impact through our mission is what we’re focused on every single day.
2834 Colorado Ave Suite 100
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert