We are looking for a talented and ambitious Garment Technologist to join our London team at a time when the team and business is growing rapidly.
The role offers a great opportunity to be at the centre of the product development, design and supply process of Sister Jane's product ranges.
The role involves being a hands-on garment technologist with day-to-day responsibility to provide support and technical guidance to the design and production team.
- Taking ownership of the product technical development across all key steps of the critical path
- Risk assessment at initial design phase
- Costing and pricing negotiations with suppliers
- Recommending product changes to ensure costing, production feasibility and design objectives are effectively met
- Following the critical path to ensure that development deadlines are met, flagging issues early to relevant parties
- Leading fit sessions from initial design stage through to pre-production fitting alongside the design team
- Planning, organising and attending all fit meetings including booking models, ensuring amends are carried out.
- Ensuring suppliers submit measurement specs prior to fitting
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure all cloth compositions and fabric care information is accurate and up to date on specification sheets
- Updating Tech Packs from initial fitting, ensuring that all data is up-to-date and correct, and tracking any changes
- Ensure garments are measured prior to fitting making sure they are to spec
- Coordinate with suppliers to ensure spec changes are followed
- Liaise with suppliers to make sure grading rules are followed and sizing is consistent across all collections
- Signing off final pre production fit with the Design Team when required
- Management of key dates within the critical path and awareness of the key dates across production
- Maintaining consistency of quality and fit across all collections, updating and introducing standards and procedures, taking appropriate action to implement improvements
- Reviewing the latest delivery and liaise with management for any fit/quality feedback
- Review quality issues and assess retail and wholesale defective returns as required
- Daily update of style production tracker Support the Product Development Manager as required.
- Supporting Production Manager as required
Skills and Experience Required:
- A degree in Fashion Design, Garment Technology or similar academic qualifications
- A minimum of 4 years experience in a design or garment technology role
- Strong technical knowledge with a passion for quality and excellence
- Fluent Mandarin an advantage but not a requirement for the role
- Confident, organised and attentive to details
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills
- Not shy to take initiative and taking the lead when necessary
- Excellent communication skills and mindful of cultural differences
- Fluency in MS Office as well as CAD design software