At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
To assist in the delivery of the Trade Compliance Strategy and ensure day to day compliance with cross border requirements
• Product classification - assist preparing the business for a separate UK customs tariff.
• Assist with Trade Compliance IT projects to help mitigate against the impact of Brexit.
• Reviewing and updating SOPs.
• Processing data on certification for ME and Russia Countries
• Liaising with internal teams - Sourcing and Global Logistics to ensure consistent and accurate flow of information.
• Keeping our document repository update for audit purposes
• Liaise with third parties including DC operator, customs agent and carriers to improve data accuracy and resolve customs compliance issues.
• Prepare reports to assist with customs compliance and the swift flow of goods.
• Oversee courier imports (UPS, Fedex, DHL) and provide clearance instructions including commodity codes, CPCs, and other import restrictions.
• Troubleshoot ad-hoc customs clearance issues for the EMIEA region and any other admin tasks assigned.
• Helping the Trade Compliance co-ordinators and specialists with Special shipments to leave in a timely manner
• To assist the team in other admin tasks and new projects where needed
Good academic qualifications
• Basic understanding of international trade, import duties, commodity codes, incoterms, customs warehousing preferred
• Some experience of logistics preferred
• Good administrative skills
• Basic use of SAP preferred
• Intermediate excel skills
• Good standard of English
• Ability to work in a team as well as being confident to work independently
• Strong communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Demonstrates initiative and drive to meet deadlines and work in a diverse environment
• Basic Italian language preferred
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: USA || New York (US-NY) || New York || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || TAX || n/a ||