Shop Manager - Aqua, Full Time: 59th Street
- Day-1 Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits for eligible colleagues
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Holiday Time-Off & Flexible Scheduling
- Instant access to earned wages with PayActiv
- Enhanced benefits: pet, home & auto insurance & more
- 401(k) plan options available
- Bonus earning opportunities
- Growth potential opportunities
- Employee Discount at Bloomingdale's & Macy's Stores
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
If you want to build meaningful relationships and make fashion personal, fun and aspirational, why not put that creative energy to work and join our team of approachable customer oriented, style conscious professionals. Work in a collaborative environment of problem solvers and flawless executers that drive the business forward through energy, effort and good humor. A Bloomingdale's Shop Manager maintains a highly visible presence while working side by side with Specialists, Stylists and Sales Associates. You are a developing and motivating force delivering sales, service and loyalty through your team. The Shop Manager ensures maintenance of merchandise standards and a customer centric environment.
Fueled by the Power of Relationships
- Require and deliver a customer experience ready environment
- Partner with Visual team to ensure mannequins are updated and in line with directives and coordinate product knowledge seminars, events and floor moves
- Oversee recovery/maintenance activities and partner with operations teams to ensure markdowns are ticketed correctly and merchandised on sale racks; and, that markdowns, RTV's, Re-tickets, and signage are organized and executed on a weekly basis
- Anticipate arrivals of new merchandise and coordinate placement
- Hold the team accountable for delivering an approachable, energetic, style conscious and fun shopping experience through customer centric behavior and visual/merchandise presentation
- Interact with customers (beyond area of responsibility when necessary) being a champion for Loyallist, managing traffic, addressing issues and seeking feedback on shopping experience
- Contributes to store experience through modelling leadership presence
- Work with Associates and Specialists to share selling strategies and improve clienteling; ensure they are building their b-Connected file and calling customers to come in for events and new deliveries
- Review promotional calendar and Buying Office's weekly email with Specialists and Associates on a weekly basis to ensure proper event preparation and client outreach
- Track event presell and sales to partner with GSM or BM to set goals
- Review department markdown rate vs. the total company with Specialists to understand the importance of regular price selling
- Actively participate and represent the department in supporting total store priorities
Driven by our Desire to Win
- Share ownership of store family behavior, performance and engagement; communicating team developmental and performance opportunities with BM/GSM
- Validate effectiveness through achievement of key metrics
- Understand department's business trend vs. Plan/ LY
- Use customer feedback to drive business
- Communicate frequently with the TAMM/Buying Office to identify best/worst sellers, voids in assortment, stock levels and call-outs regarding product fit, quality and pricing
Committed to a culture of Collaboration and continuous learning
- Develop and motivate available, informed and elevated sellers
- Ensure all associates are knowledgeable about brand, best-sellers, fit, and trends through monthly product seminars
- Review new deliveries with team
- Use rallies/department meetings to communicate business driving/procedural information
- Model and coach to Bloomingdale's visual, merchandising of new receipts/selling floor, and Net Promoter Score(NPS) standards
- Observe, coach and role model customer centric selling behaviors on the floor, in fitting rooms, and in stock areas
- Champion use of technology 100% of the time
- Optimize Omnichannel selling tools: tablet look books, store to door, Pick at POS, b-connected, MPOS, etc.
- Educate Associates to elevate client experience by building relationships when warranted and leveraging all store services
Qualifications and Competencies
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Able to easily engage in conversation.
- Social ease and quick response to customer needs and inquiries.
- Able to maintain composure in difficult situations.
- Detailed oriented about product knowledge.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers, peers and management.
- Basic math functions to operate register, handle money and make change.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team in a learning environment.
- Able to use and navigate multiple technological devices.
- Ability to sell and build a sale through conversational interaction.
- Enjoys meeting and interacting with customers; demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple priorities and learn new procedures.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department.
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders and color vision.
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions.
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs.