An opportunity has arisen for a Management Accountant to join our busy Accounts Department. Reporting to the Financial Controller you will be responsible for accurately reporting, analysing and take ownership to ensure all entries are recognised in the financial statements.
The ideal candidate will also have to work closely with various auditors ranging from the internal audits from the French parent, to external audits such as UK compliance and HMRC routine-based audits (VAT, import/export, etc.)
This position also involves regularly liaising with other members of the senior leadership team on a monthly basis and improving processes. The person will be responsible for accurate Sales and Cost of Sales posting, reporting and analysis.
The person will manage 1 Accounts Receivable Specialist and will focus on mentoring the direct report as well as on continuous improvement to the accounting system and internal controls.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the month-end process – complete all sales and cost of sales balance sheet reconciliations and analysis.
- Manage month-end postings and preparation of the journals
- Reconcile company and intercompany debtor balances
- Sales & Margin analysis and commentaries
- Reconciliation and approval of concession statements and invoices
- Work towards improving processes and tightening controls
- Mentoring 1 direct report
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A highly motivated and competent individual able to converse with all levels both internally and externally.
- A total self-starter able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated, and self-organised.
- Structured and organised, but nonetheless approachable and flexible outlook.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise effectively and manage own workload.
- Willingness to work hard on flexible time to drive the business forward.
- Inquisitive and able to investigate anomalies
Skills and Qualifications:
- ACCA/CIMA Part-Qualified.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced and growing environment.
- Previous experience working within the retail/fashion/luxury space is key.
- Excellent communication skills, confident presenting.
- Advanced Excel Skills.