At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
The Visual Merchandiser - Midwest is responsible for supporting the delivery of world-class visual merchandising throughout the Midwest region. The candidate will partner with the VM Manager - North and is required to possess strong design and collaboration skills, bring creativity and organization to this key market. They will work collaboratively with their Market Director to bring the Central HQ visual vision to life. They will display agility, flexibility and have the ability to think creatively and innovatively in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain corporate visual standards for the Midwest locations
- Support with any new/refurbished store openings within the region including prop allocations, layout planning, installation
- Liaise with various cross functional partners (Architecture, Work Place Services, Ops, Merch, etc.)
- Develop strong relationships with the Market Director, GM's and store teams
- Work with the VM Manager - North and Midwest Market Director, to define market, retail and product strategies and implementation in the Midwest Market
- Positively communicate to and train the in store VMA's as well as store teams, the VM standards and guidelines. Communicate regular assessments of in store VMA's to the VM Manager - North.
- Develop and train full time VMA
- Visit market doors and/or utilize remote VM implementation for key installations
- Support production team on installations of all creative projects in the region (windows, touchpoints, pop ups, campaign visuals).
- Share images of installations
- Support regional events alongside cross functional partners and the VM Manager - North
- Manage own travel budget and all visual merchandising expenditure for the region
- 3-4 years' experience in field visual merchandising
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a passion for innovation, creativity and perfection.
- Be a creative thinker with an understanding of how to drive results and implement regional strategies
- Proven ability to deliver multiple projects, over many locations at the same time.
- Flexibility to manage a variety of tasks
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Excellent computer skills including Adobe CS, Photoshop, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Strong photography skills
- Experience of working in fashion, retail or art environments.
- Ability to travel internationally and local travel 50-75% of the time
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: USA || Illinois (US-IL) || Chicago || VISUAL MERCHANDISING || NO DEPARTMENT - FIS9016 || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert