Assistant, Business Manager
- Costa Mesa, California
- Closing date
- 6 Sep 2022
- Entry Level / Assistant
- Full Time
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Across all brand touchpoints-from Bloomingdales.com to our newest small store concept, Bloomie's-everyone plays a critical role bringing our mission to life. Our inclusive culture promotes diversity of background, thought and opinion. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative, while having a lot of fun along the way.
The Assistant BSM is a floor present leader on the forefront of both the colleague and customer experience. Through inspirational leadership style, strong interpersonal skills and solid business acumen, the Assistant BSM guides the selling journey and inspires their team to bring the the Bloomingdale's mission, to be like no other store in the world, to life.
The Assistant BSM's primary objective is to drive sales and build customer relationships by training, coaching and developing a team of colleagues. A successful Bloomingdale's Assistant BSM possesses an inherent passion for people whether it is recruiting, onboarding and developing their direct reports or ensuring the customer receives an outstanding experience regardless of why they are in our stores. The Assistant BSM will also lead initiatives and related efforts to increase sales and customer loyalty, while delivering on Bloomingdale's standards for customer service.
A Bloomingdale's Assistant BSM oversees a multi-million-dollar component of the overall store business. It often includes a single family of business with a modest sales professional span of control. In today's retail environment, our leaders are flexible and agile supporting sales results, merchandising standards and ensuring customer fulfillment orders are completed on a timely basis.
- Drive and exceed sales goals through observing, coaching and role modeling customer-centric selling behaviors while providing a fun shopping environment where all customers feel welcome.
- Lead customer service in the store. Ensure colleagues engage with customers and provide a friendly and easy to shop environment.
- Require and champion use of selling technology to support a seamless customer experience
- Lead and educate relationship selling, building a client book and driving outreach to maximize business
- Direct the execution of merchandising strategies by partnering with the BSM and the Visual Merchandise Manager / Merchandise Manager as the owner of overall merchandising direction
- Ensure all necessary re-stocking, floor moves, signing are completed
- Provide daily oversight of fulfillment process, track metrics throughout the day to ensure optimum fill rate
- Attract, hire, train, coach, evaluate and manage an average of 10 direct reports to meet or exceed performance and behavioral expectations.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Associate's Degree and 3-5 years direct experience required
3-5 years related experience
- Effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and all levels of internal and external business partners
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies
- Ability to monitor and maneuver workflow to achieve priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Ability to draft reports and other communications, effectively present to management and internal and external business partners, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Requires periods of walking, standing, hearing, talking , reaching with extended arms, crouching and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other office equipment
- Requires close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Frequently lift/move up to 25 lbs.
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert