Design Room Manager
ZIMMERMANN has a rare career opportunity for a creative and technical Design Room Manager to join our Design Swim & Resort team based at our Head Office in Rosebery. This role will work closely with the Creative Director on seasonal collection development for the Swim and Resort lines.
As the Design Room Manager - Swim & Resort, your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the Swim seasonal collections are developed in line with the creative vision of the Creative Director.
- Responsible for the on-time execution of each season from sampling through to complete handover to production.
- Continually striving for innovative and beautiful fabrics, trims, prints, finishes and techniques.
- Successfully managing a motivated and cohesive team that is committed to excellent quality standards in everything they do.
What you will bring to the role:
- 10 years' experience in a similar role.
- A fashion design degree from a respected institution and have achieved outstanding results in both course work and in external competitions.
- Advanced Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills.
- Be able to combine creative and technical skills.
- Have a sound knowledge of fabrics, garment construction and pattern making.
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Be exceptionally well organized.
- Strong and inspirational leadership qualities.
- Advanced computer skills including AP21 or similar program.
Why work with us?
- Work with high-end fashion and alongside fellow passionate and dedicated Zimmermann team members
- Bespoke development plans and access to strong mentors and industry leaders
- Ongoing Training & Development to grow your career within Zimmermann
- Generous Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Program with the opportunity to earn bonuses for successful placements
- Opportunity to progress your career within an Australian global luxury brand, including international opportunities
If you are searching for the next challenge in your career, please share your application with our hiring team.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Zimmermann is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications ensuring a strong corporate commitment to diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.