Stock Room Assistant
Job Title: Stockroom Assistant
Location: Westbourne Grove London Store
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week
ME+EM is one of the UK’s fastest-growing luxury fashion brands. As a direct-to-consumer business we operate in a truly multi-channel sense with six London stores, as well as concessions in Harrods and Selfridges, supporting a rapidly expanding global digital business.In the past 12 months sales have more than doubled to over £50m, and we now sell in more than 75 countries.
We are an entrepreneurial, creative, and passionate group of people. We work hard, are enthusiastic to learn and aren't afraid to take risks. Everyone contributes to our success at all levels, and that's precisely what makes being a member of the team so rewarding.
Our goal is to make ME+EM as diverse and inclusive as we possibly can and so, with that in mind, we have put into place processes and targets to help us achieve that goal. We make sure everyone has a voice with annual engagement surveys, employee-led committees, focus groups and quarterly town hall meetings. We pride ourselves on being approachable, supportive, and welcoming and ensure that everyone’s hard work is rewarded.
About the role
The Stock Room Assistant ensures the effective completion of deliveries and all stock tasks whilst maintaining ME+EM standards. You are the first point of call for the floor team who rely on you to bring stock to and from the shopfloor. You are dedicated to garment care and speed of service.
You demonstrate a high level of organisation skills and show an eagerness to grow and develop under the Store Manager’s guidance. You will attend regular training in relation to system updates and compliance.
- Be confident with systems and carryout back office and operational tasks.
- Ensure deliveries are unpack, checked, labelled and placed correctly in the stockroom.
- Ensure existing product is accurately labelled and placed correctly in the stockroom.
- Ensure the stockroom meets Health & Safety compliance, that stock is safely stored and broken ladders, stools etc... are disposed of.
- Manage the stock inventory and stock movement process.
- Work alongside the Compliance Manager to ensure the uniform policy is adhered too.
- Carryout the daily replenishment of the shop floor and support the floor staff with customer sales and bringing stock to the shop floor.
- Ensure garment care at all times.
- Have a good understanding of product to be able to make suggestions if items are out of stock.
- Carryout out the telephone sales process from the stock room (off the shop floor).
- Assist the stock recall and stock take process.
Your skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role is an advantage but not essential.
- Attention to detail, organised and able to work at pace.
- Passion for retail, compliance, and organisation.
- 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays and a day off to celebrate your birthday.
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme.
- Generous uniform allowance and staff discount of up to 70% off.
- Various Health and Wellbeing insurances.
- Cycle to Work and Tech Scheme.
- Length of Service Award.
- Refer a friend incentive scheme.
- Monthly social and wellbeing events, annual summer, and Christmas parties.
- Mental Health Awareness and First Aid training. Sample sales.
- Real Living Wage Employer.
Please note, due to the large number of applications we receive, we can only reply to those that are successful to the next stage.