ABOUT THE TEAMDepartment:
Commercial Planning / Central PlanningReports to:
Head of Applied Science Team Size:
Manuel da SilvaROLE & TEAM
As a Senior Applied Scientist
in the Commercial Planning / Central Planning team in Berlin, you will work on marketing causal inference and analyzing the impact of commercial levers on business performance. By applying statistical and machine learning techniques, you will provide the organization with insights and suggestions for efficient commercial steering and explore ways to further extend the support for marketing decisions.
Along with your hands-on responsibilities, you will also support the team in leadership duties.
As part of the Central Planning Team, you cooperate with local markets, expert functions, and Management to optimize the financial performance of the company.EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES
At Zalando, our vision is to be the starting point for fashion - one that is inclusive by design. We only assess candidates based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We welcome applications from people of all gender identities, sexual orientations, personal expressions, racial identities, ethnicities, religious beliefs, and disability statuses. We only want to know why you're great for this role, so please avoid including your picture, age, and marital status in your CV as well.
We want to provide you with a great candidate experience. Please feel free to inform us of any accommodations you may need, so we can best support and assist you throughout the hiring process.
do.BETTER - our diversity & inclusion strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion
Our employee resource groups: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/diversity-inclusion/our-employee-resource-groupsWHY YOU SHOULD BE INTERESTED
WE'D LOVE TO MEET YOU IF..
- You will explore, test and validate novel ways to improve our causal inference models to steer the marketing decision making process..
- You will further develop and deploy our analytical models that quantify the impact of core drivers to provide diagnostic insights on the business performance, conduct scenario simulations ("what-if" analyses) and derive recommendations on optimal steering measures to achieve financial targets.
- In close collaboration with our stakeholders and the engineering team, you will align on reporting requirements and actively shape data visualization concepts that will enable our stakeholders to interact with our data science products
- You will lead of 4 Data Scientists and help them develop to excellent Applied Scientists
- You proactively contribute to the product roadmap by identifying opportunities and blind spots in our product landscape and drive further development of the products end-to-end
- Master Degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics or another quantitative field, with 3+ years of professional experience in relevant fields
- Experience in statistics, machine learning, marketing analytics and causal inference, including practical applications and a good understanding of the underlying mathematical concepts.
- Eager to prototype new concepts and are willing to push them all the way to production.
- Strong sense of product ownership, mentoring and motivation to drive the continuous development of the products and team
- Excellent project management and stakeholder management skills. Proven ability to communicate new ideas and analytical insights to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience managing and hiring for small teams in the area of Data Science
- We offer peer-to-peer performance reviews twice a year
- Learn and develop through our extensive Zalando training platform
- Join regular all-hands, team meetings, Q&A-sessions, and quarterly anonymous employee surveys to ask your questions and provide your feedback
- Support from an international team of experts; mentoring and professional development opportunities
- 2 days paid leave per year for volunteering
- Minimum of 27 holiday days per calendar year
- Online sports courses, wellbeing, and nutrition advice offered by Humanoo personal wellbeing coach app
- Mental wellbeing support by our Employee Assistance Program and professional consultants to help you find health resources
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation assistance for internationals
- Home office equipment available for hybrid working, to support you working from home
- Hybrid working model with 60% remote per week
- Opportunity to work from abroad for 30 (working) days per calendar year
- Access to the employee shares program
- 40% shopping discount on products shipped and sold by Zalando, and 30% discount on Zalando Lounge
- Discounts from a wide range of external partners
- Employee parents' forums and employee resource group
- Supported transition into and out of parental leave, with a buddy and re-onboarding plan
- 3 fully-paid child sick days per year
- Free counseling, assistance, and referral service for all matters concerning yourself and your family via the Fürstenberg Institute
It's the perfect time to join Zalando on our journey, from being a pioneer in the world of e-commerce, to the starting point for fashion in Europe. We connect customers, brands, and partners across 23 markets.
Help us drive digital and sustainable solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 49 million active customers through a team of diverse skill-sets, cultural backgrounds, and interests.
Our values: https://jobs.zalando.com/en/our-founding-mindset
do.More - our sustainability strategy: https://corporate.zalando.com/en/sustainability
Follow us on Instagram: instagram.com/insidezalando
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.