Development Fabric and Trims Coordinator
Casablanca are looking for a highly organised Fabric and Trims Co-ordinator to join the team. This role would be overseeing the buying & development cycle for all Raw Materials, ensuring that goods are delivered at the right level of quality and on time while ensuring all admin related tasks are performed precisely & accurately.
- Visiting trade fairs and suppliers when necessary and building relationships with new vendors.
- Launch new fabric and trim developments with suppliers, ensuring developments meet target pricing while balancing commercial awareness and creativity.
- Create and update fabric boards, tracker charts and seasonal raw materials library.
- Raise POs for all development raw materials and track fabric and trims budget.
- Maintain a detailed critical path for developments to align with and deliver to key dates of the collection
- Keep orders and developments under constant monitoring and update all relevant teams of delivery arrivals and delays
- Resolve problems that arise throughout the development cycle, continually working to streamline and enhance the process
- Organise appropriate lab testing, reviewing results to flag potential areas of risk
- Negotiating with suppliers to adhere to target margins, redeveloping or resourcing as required.
- Identify opportunities to incorporate sustainable fabric development techniques and materials along with the Sustainability Officer.
- Collate all pricing and technical information and ensure accurate and timely entry of data for all product information in Zedonk.
- Handover of all raw material details to the Production Fabric and Trims Co-ordinator.
- At least 5 years experience
- Excellent level of technical fabric knowledge
- Strong costing and negotiation skills
- Good relationships with vendors in Europe and Asia
- Experience and understanding of sustainable practices and alternatives
- Highly organised, working well independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize, manage and coordinate diverse activities simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly proficient in Excel, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Zedonk experience would be an advantage