PR Coordinator (NYC)
Galvan is looking for a dynamic, experienced, and self-motivated individual to support Public Relations in the Americas.
You will support and execute brand-building and earned conversation-driving activities including celebrity dressing, influencer relations, editorial placements, high profile events, and creative collaborations. You will also support all initiatives to related VIP clients.
This is a hands-on role where excellent organizational and time management skills are essential.
You will report directly to the New York Studio Manager with a dotted line to the Head of Marketing & PR. You will support the studio and/or events as necessary.
- Support localized editorial, celebrity and influencer PR strategy and execution for the Americas
- Support Studio Manager and marketing team to suggest appropriate talent for key brand initiatives and cultivate relationships with relevant influencers, top stylists and editors
- Identify key moments throughout the calendar year for the US market
- Work on events calendar and align with the marketing team to maximize brand visibility, heat and sales through editorial and red-carpet placements.
- Work with marketing team on social media influencer strategy and community building
- Support development of regional and national media relationships
- Support pitching and securing of editorial coverage (digital + print)
- Compile weekly and monthly regional press recaps to share with senior management
- Stay informed on all industry news, key influencers, recommended vendors for reporting & other analytical needs
- Bachelor’s Degree with internship experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong follow-through
- Proven leadership experience
- Deep understanding of popular culture, emerging social networks, influencers and celebrities by region
- Self-starter with strong initiative, ownership and accountability for business
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-pressure, fast paced, deadline driven environment