Triple Wimbledon champion Fred Perry founded his brand in 1952. He was the son of a cotton spinner, who played and fought his way through, always with style – and despite the establishment. Today, Fred Perry is a global community of over 370 employees, all inspired by the Laurel Wreath and what it represents.
You will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Logistics, Customer Service and Direct Shipments functions. Ensure all purchase orders are shipped directly to customers and receipted onto the stock system.
- Receipt stock onto our system (GRN) for all direct delivery customers and feedback of information to Direct Shipments in line with procedural controls.
- Assist with shipment process/manage PO exceptions on GT Nexus
- Assist in resolving any documentary issues with Certificates of Origin/Bills of Lading that may delay shipment/release of freight
- Liaise with the freight companies and the warehouse for third party deliveries and ensure that all container arrivals are booked for delivery promptly after vessel arrival
- Assist with the annual calculations required for the submission of the Company Waste Packaging Declarations
- Provide support to the teams as necessary in monitoring third party reprocessing to assist in ensuring that work is completed in a timely manner
- Strong analytical skills and computer literacy
- Advanced Excel knowledge essential
- Strong eye for detail and organisational skills
- Proactive and able to work to deadlines
- Excellent work ethic and ability to multi-task
We actively encourage our teams to have a good work/life balance and so we are pleased to offer flexible working shifts at Fred Perry HQ. Our core shift hours are from 10am – 4.30pm and so employees can choose to start and finish early, or start and finish late. (i.e. work 8:00am-4:30pm, or 10:00am-6:30pm etc). We also have 30-minute early finish on Fridays.
As we continue to work in a more flexible way, the Head Office acts a brand hub, where we can all connect and collaborate with one another. This role is a mix of office based (London) and remote working. We will expect the employee to come into the office regularly for face-to-face meetings and to work alongside their team on collaborative projects.
We are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to all our staff, and continue to reassess what our community needs from us to thrive. We don’t want to be a good company to work for, we want to be a great one. Here are some things we currently offer:
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Competitive salary, reviewed every year
- Generous staff discount and regular sample sales
- Generous pension scheme with 8.5% company contribution
- Option to buy an extra 5 days holiday annually
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages
- Life insurance
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Early finish Fridays
- Season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Annual Birthday vouchers
- Regular opportunities to attend gigs / events
We actively welcome applications from people of all different backgrounds. Your CV will be submitted to hiring managers with all personal details hidden to ensure anonymity.