Accounts Payable Assistant
Triple Wimbledon champion Fred Perry founded his brand in 1952. He was the son of a cotton spinner, who played and fought his way through, always with style – and despite the establishment. Today, Fred Perry is a global community of over 370 employees, all inspired by the Laurel Wreath and what it represents
PURPOSE: We are recruiting for an Accounts Payable Assistant to join our established Finance department. You will have experience working with volume within a SME and relevant Accounts Payable experience.
- Process Documents of Collection payments within set deadlines and ensuring filing of invoices in a timely manner
- To become the focal point of contact on selected suppliers’ group and ensuring services are not suspended as a result of overlooked invoices
- Maintain good and regular communication with the Shipping and Product departments for the quick processing of stock invoices (GRNs)
- Processing supplier invoices and credit notes using AS400
- Dealing with Documentary Collections to ensure deadlines are met
- Invoice matching to the AS400 for all stocks receipted (GRNs)
- Nominal coding, matching and batching of invoices from different currencies to the AS400
- Ensure all foreign VAT figures are posted correctly and providing backup to the Accounts assistant to reclaim
- This is a great role for someone with at least 12 months experience working within Purchase Ledger or Accounts Payable functions.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Reliable, self-disciplined, speed and accuracy essential
- Team player
- Ability to work within set deadlines
We actively encourage our teams to have a good work/life balance and so we are pleased to offer flexible working shifts at Fred Perry HQ. Our core shift hours are from 10am – 4.30pm and so employees can choose to start and finish early, or start and finish late. (i.e. work 8:00am-4:30pm, or 10:00am-6:30pm etc). We also have 30-minute early finish on Fridays.
As we continue to work in a more flexible way, the Head Office acts a brand hub, where we can all connect and collaborate with one another. This role is a mix of office based (London) and remote working. We will expect the employee to come into the office regularly for face-to-face meetings and to work alongside their team on collaborative projects.
We are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to all our staff, and continue to reassess what our community needs from us to thrive. We don’t want to be a good company to work for, we want to be a great one. Here are some things we currently offer:
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Competitive salary, reviewed every year
- Generous staff discount and regular sample sales
- Generous pension scheme with 8.5% company contribution
- Option to buy an extra 5 days holiday annually
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages
- Life insurance
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Early finish Fridays
- Season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Annual Birthday vouchers
- Regular opportunities to attend gigs / events
We actively welcome applications from people of all different backgrounds. Your CV will be submitted to hiring managers with all personal details hidden to ensure anonymity.