PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT INTERNSHIP
Hayley Menzies is offering an exciting opportunity for a 3-month internship within the Product Development Department. This role is open to applicants who have either graduated from a Fashion degree or are in full time study as a mandatory part of their course program.
The position will support the Product Development team and Design in all aspects of administration for the collection development. The successful candidate will learn skills necessary to perform the following tasks.
Providing support to Product developers in the following.
- Attend all Design fittings and provide assistance with photography and organisation.
- Measuring prototypes and samples
- Setting up Tech packs and logging measurements and comments
- Keeping fabric and trim library tidy and up to date.
- Filing and archiving all swatches and references received into the department.
- Booking couriers for send-outs throughout the development of the collection.
- Tracking all parcels and keeping PD up to date on ETAs.
- Updating raw material details in the relevant tracker.
- Updating sketches for range plan boards under instruction from design.
- Keep vintage archive tidy and keep an accurate log of sample locations in the tracker.
- Good communication skills, able to share information in a clear and concise manner and where necessary create visual tools of communication.
- Excellent knowledge and a keen interest in high-end ready-to-wear fashion and products.
- Ability to follow clear instructions and carry out tasks with accuracy and a high level of attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with flexibility.
- A solution-focused attitude with the ability to problem solve.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to take initiative
- Computer skills, Adobe: Photoshop, illustrator, Indesign. Outlook, Word, Excel, Google sheets.