Senior Beauty Correspondent/Editor
The Business of Fashion is seeking a Beauty Editor/Correspondent to expand and lead our coverage of the beauty industry. The ideal candidate will combine agenda-setting reporting and editing with the vision and drive to develop our beauty vertical into the world’s leading hub for news and analysis on all things makeup, skin care, wellness and beyond. They will in effect serve as an “editor in chief” of BoF’s beauty coverage. The position can be based in New York or London.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry, described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
What We Need You To Do
Take ownership of The Business of Beauty vertical, with a goal of delivering exclusive weekly content and growing our subscriber base.
Work with colleagues to amplify the vertical’s reach and boost engagement through a variety of formats, starting with our short- and long-form features through to data-driven explainers, case studies, social media, online and in-person events, podcasts and all else to make BoF’s beauty coverage bigger and better.
- Pitch and deliver reported features, as well as shorter news items when events dictate.
- Use your source network and industry expertise to break news and elevate features.
- Contribute to BoF’s series of ever-green content, including case studies and reports.
- Beyond your own stories, build out our beauty coverage either through commissioning and managing story ideas to in-house and freelance reporters, or working collaboratively with other reporters and editors.
- Lead the curation of beauty events for BoF, as well as representing the company on panels and other public-facing events.
Who You Are
- You are a journalist, with a global mindset and fluency in writing about the beauty industry from a business perspective. Experience covering adjacent sectors, such as fashion or marketing, and a proven ability to quickly master new beats will be considered.
- You will be full of ideas, confident in pitching stories for digital consumption, and able to swiftly execute tightly written news, analysis and deeply reported features.
- You will have the ability to cultivate a network of high-level industry sources.
- You are able to collaborate with colleagues both face to face and remotely.
You’ll Know You’re Successful When…
- BoF’s beauty audience is growing, and reader engagement with our beauty content is increasing across a range of formats and metrics.
- You are delivering a consistent and steady stream of features that inform and engage our global community.
- You are equally adept and driving news and analysis in other formats such as podcasts, videos as well as in-person and live events.
- You place data-driven storytelling at the heart of your coverage, working seamlessly with our design team to produce eye-catching, thought-provoking charts and other visuals.
- You are on top of the most important beauty industry news and regularly ahead of the competition.