Freelance Womenswear Designer
As one of the world’s most prolific polluters, and with 85% of all textiles ending up in landfill, the fashion industry’s detrimental impact is vast, and improving the way it operates will make a huge, positive difference to the future of our planet.
OMNES means ‘all’. It’s our name because we are all in this together. We created OMNES to help change the way you shop, wear and think about clothing. And to encourage the rest of the industry to do it, too.
We are looking for an experienced Freelance Womenswear Designer to help us grow our new to market brand.
- Work with the design team in the creative sessions for collection kick-offs
- Research seasonal themes and inspirations
- Work together with the Design team to implement colour palette seasonally
- Work with the Design Assistants on sketching and handing off designs to factory for pre- collections and collection launches
- Overseeing and supporting the updating of collection, style and mood boards on a regular basis
Required skills and experience...
- Minimum 4 years' experience in womenswear design from either supplier or retail background
- Experienced in operating within a small creative team, in a fast paced studio environment, delivering creative projects
- Highly skilled in Adobe Illustrator and ideally knowledge of Photoshop
- Excellent communicator with a positive, easy going attitude that blends well within our team
- Highly competent in design processes and operations and can take a garment from concept to production efficiently
- Excellent trend and catwalk knowledge with the ability to translate in to commercial designs
- Strong presentation skills and excellent communication skills
- Able to use initiative, as well as work in a team
- Good technical specs/attention to detail
- Strong CAD skills essential