La Garçonne is seeking a fill the position of Store Manager for its flagship Tribeca store. The Store Manager will possess in-depth knowledge and passion for the luxury fashion marketplace. He/she will have outstanding sales and management skills, as well as extensive product knowledge of the many high-end collections sold at the store. The Store Manager will be responsible for managing and overseeing all personnel, sales, stock and operational functions of the store. A key part of the Store Manager's role will be developing his/her team to ensure superior client service, while maintaining the highest retail standards.
- Identify and implement strategies to retain and develop existing and new clients.
- Regularly analyze P&L statement i.e., analyze sales trends, monitor inventory and store operating expenses to ensure profit targets are met.
- Work closely with senior management to plan for seasonal buys for the store.
- Manage and monitor stock levels to not only minimize inventory discrepancies, but also ensure inventory is maintained at an optimum level to maximize full price sales and sell-thru.
- Execute and monitor loss prevention and shrinkage programs.
- Monitor and report to senior management team on a consistent basis key performance indicators i.e., sales, profitability, sell-thru, etc.
- Oversee all HR functions i.e., recruit, hire, train, evaluate and counsel store employees.
- Maintain, encourage and possess “ownership mentality”. Encourage store employees to take ownership for their performance and career development plans.
- Develop and implement employee performance evaluations and improvement plans. Conduct employee evaluations on a consistent basis.
- Management of all store operational issues, as well as ensuring store is properly maintained i.e., security issues are addressed, government Health and Safety regulations are in compliance.
-Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in managing stand-alone multi-brand luxury retail store / flagship store.
-Bachelor’s degree; degree in management, hospitality or fashion-related field a plus.
-Proven success in achieving targets and motivating team to succeed.
-Outstanding vision and leadership skills, with a proven track record of developing and maintaining a highly productive team.
-Extensive client list in the luxury market strongly strongly preferred.
-Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of store merchandise; ensure team members are fluent in all aspects of product knowledge.
-Excellent merchandising skills and a flair for conceiving and implementing creative merchandising themes.
-Strong interpersonal, motivational and communication skills.
-Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
-Ability to work a flexible schedule and stand/walk for extended hours.
-Fluency in additional languages preferred.
Benefits for full-time employees include company paid health/dental/eye insurance, 401K Plan, PTO, paid holidays, healthcare flexible spending account, commuter benefits, etc.