Reporting to Head of Production
Sahara creates contemporary clothing with a unique, bohemian-chic aesthetic inspired by the spirit of adventure, global design discoveries and unbounded creativity.
We make clothes for the individual not the crowd; with each piece created using luxurious natural fabrics and traditional techniques, Sahara provides an antidote to the culture of fast fashion. Our pieces are designed to feel luxurious, flattering, and timeless, created to last season upon season.
Who we are looking for:
Sahara is seeking a positive thinking, dynamic, exceptionally organised, hands-on Production Assistant to support the busy Production Department. The successful candidate will have worked within the fashion industry in a production environment for at least a year and be used to manually handling garments. This is an office-based role that does not suit regular remote working.
- Provide general day to day assistance to the Head of Production and Senior Production Coordinator
- Be responsible for the general tidiness and organisation of the department
- Chase all samples from factories within the UK and overseas and maintain the seasonal sampling tracker and samples costings database
- Receive and tag all samples into the business and prepare paperwork for the Production Manager including checking costings against quotations
- Ticket all salesman samples in readiness for the selling season
- Create & maintain the Production Schedule including entering commodity codes
- Assist in the full set-up of new styles in the Company’s production software
- Keep the Production system updated with all correct style information, where changes occur
- Assist the inputting of sale orders onto the software system Export reports from system software and raise PO’s containing sketches, signed off prices and fabric/trim usages
- Process and ship fabric and patterns to suppliers, responsible for archiving past-season patterns
- Send POs to factories and ensure all required information is correct and included
- Order trims for production & let FF factories know what to order
- Order production labels, swing tickets and other items for garment finishing and send to relevant factories
- Create seasonal style file books for the wholesale department & Sahara retail stores using Adobe InDesign
- Organise pattern boxes and keep accurate and up to date record of contents
- Organise garments for photo shoots and keep a tracker of garments’ whereabouts.
- Process and book in returned shoot samples to the warehouse
- Take ownership of the Sample Archive for the business.
- Store and label seasonal samples when no longer required for shoots.
- Ensure all Production storage and garment rails are kept tidy and in order
You as a person:
- Must be organised with a positive disposition
- Possess an abundance of common sense and have a logical mindset
- Must have a solution-oriented approach to work
- Possess acute attention to detail
- Must be numerate
- Will be exceptionally computer literate with strong Excel skills, and possess knowledge of Adobe InDesign
In return we provide:
- a friendly working environment
- a competitive salary
- a generous holiday allowance
- flexible start and finish times
- discretionary annual bonus access to exclusive perks and discounts via Perkbox
- a generous staff discount
- Organic fruit, great coffee, and Prosecco every Friday afternoon
Sahara is passionate about working with great people & building inspirational, creative teams. We spend a lot of time at work, so we know how important it is to enjoy your working day and we do so in beautiful offices with an abundance of natural light. We promote a friendly, non-corporate environment at our HQ; we are passionate and hard-working and enjoy socialising both in and out of the office.