Senior Corporate Responsibility Manager
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
As a Senior Corporate Responsibility Manager you will support the development and execution of Burberry's global strategy on sustainability-related reporting and disclosure and for managing the annual limited assurance of the company's Responsibility KPIs; particularly in support of its ambitious goal to become Climate Positive by 2040.
The role entails strong stakeholder management . By working cross-functionally you will draw upon your expert stakeholder management and communication skills to raise awareness and understanding of the implications of relevant reporting requirements as appropriate across the organisation. You will ensure integrity of ESG data, goals, metrics, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and will also have responsibility for the overall governance, controls and evidence for externally reported ESG data.
• Create and develop content for Burberry's sustainability-related reports and disclosure, including for ESG-related reporting indexes and industry benchmarks
• Manage annual limited assurance of Responsibility KPIs with external consultancy and support the Sustainability Finance team in the strategic governance and reporting in the external assurance of TCFD, Sustainability Bond and the emerging sustainability accounting standards
• Support the IR team on ad hoc ESG related investor queries
• Conduct benchmarking of Burberry's ESG reporting, including identification of market best practices and opportunities for continued improvements/enhancements
• Develop relationships and work with teams responsible for Burberry's other disclosures to ensure consistency across all reporting venues
• Provide training, process and governance expertise. Develop policy, process and controls over ESG data and ESG reporting.
• Prepare and deliver reports for various levels of management, including executive audiences.
We are seeking a candidate with following qualifications and skills:
• Graduate with at least 5 years of experience in relevant roles
• Experience with ESG reporting standards and frameworks with some understanding of broader ESG reporting frameworks such as GRI, SASB, ISSB, TCFD, with a specialty in climate related reporting
• Experience or familiarity with external assurance and working with independent assurance consultancies; an understanding of scope 3 reporting would be a distinct advantage
• Familiarity with ESG rating indices (e.g., DJSI, CDP, MSCI, Sustainalytics, FTSE4Good etc.)
• Passion for and understanding of ESG issues and trends, as well as industry best practices and frameworks relating to sustainability and impact reporting
• Excellent writing and verbal presentation skills, with the ability to distil and communicate complex details and data into consumable insights
• Strong executive presence, with the ability to present to senior management and external stakeholders
• Exceptional project management and organisational skills, including attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence, work collaboratively with others, and proactively cultivate relationships with a diverse range of internal and external partners
• Strong analytical, quantitative, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Ability to excel in a high-performance, professional environment, while managing multiple projects under tight deadlines
• Solutions focused with strong initiative and ability to think creatively
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || NO DEPARTMENT - FAT9041 || n/a ||