Communications & Strategy Manager
- Ralph Lauren
- London, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 9 Dec 2022
- PR & Communications
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
As our Communications & Strategy Manager , you will build confidence and trust through Corporate Communication. This role is crucial in helping communicate and engage employees in Ralph Lauren's purpose, vision and strategic direction. You will oversee the creative execution and editorial strategy of employee programming and key employee events - helping align, strategise, develop, implement and evaluate Leadership and Corporate Communications and Employee Engagement programs targeted towards our EMEA employee population. Copywriting is a key requirement for this role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Help to draft, review and launch sophisticated corporate and leadership messages and assets. Consult, review and support in producing communications for other stakeholders and departments
• Ensure our Company purpose is adopted and embedded: employees have a clear understanding of the Company's strategy and their role within it
• Maintain an unrelenting focus on front-line execution. Improve retail communications cadence, governance and validation. Further build a retail mindset by embedding a 'retail first' approach and celebrating stores and successes
• Leverage high energy brand moments and events to drive community and connection to the brand
• Unite employees around purpose-driven campaigns and promote topics they care about. Drive employee-led initiatives and ensure they are given a platform to express their voice in open and honest conversation. Promote inclusive decision-making
• Collate and anaylse department reporting and insights - compliance and Engagement metrics
• Manage all internal Communication platforms - drive community and advocacy across out frontline and enable our frontline to deliver the best in class customer experience. Support improved connectivity, collaboration and enhanced ways of working, creating a cohesive digital work space. Aim to integrate all internal digital tools
• Create and manage EMEA Editorial Calendar
• Research and identify new ways of working - have a deep understanding of how emerging technologies can drive engagement and business performance
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Excellent written and editing skills to deliver clear and concise messages for a range of audiences
* Significant experience of working in Corporate Communications, PR or employee communications environments
* Well-developed skills and experience in communications strategy development, planning and delivery, with evidence of planning and delivering integrated, successful multi-channel communications campaigns
* Experience working with senior levels in a business, managing stakeholder relationships and influencing up to executive team level
* Possess the natural ability to negotiate and influence at all levels effectively
* Creative and a 'big thinker' at heart who doesn't forget to have fun - ambitious and flexible
* Highly organised, with good strategic communication planning skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines - action oriented and time focused
* Copywriting skills is a core requirement.
Ralph Lauren, whose name is synonymous with American lifestyle, timeless design and impeccable quality, is a cultural icon who has built the Ralph Lauren Corporation into one of the most successful companies in the world. As the first designer to produce a complete lifestyle vision, Mr. Lauren created a global brand exemplified by style, sophistication and the utmost attention to detail. Today, the Company is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
Since 1967, Ralph Lauren has cultivated the iconography of America, as well as that of Europe and the exotic themes of other cultures, redefining a style of luxury that is recognized and coveted around the world. “I have always had a clear vision,” he said. “I wanted to develop quality products and create a whole world around that. It means taking risks, going with what you feel, but never losing sight of your vision and conviction.”
At Ralph Lauren, we like to inspire—and to be inspired. Our teams are dynamic, collaborative and innovative—and we are always looking to build them with the strongest, most inspiring people in the world.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert