Footwear & Accessories Technologist
Triple Wimbledon champion Fred Perry founded his brand in 1952. He was the son of a cotton spinner, who played and fought his way through, always with style – and despite the establishment. Today, Fred Perry is a global community of over 370 employees, all inspired by the Laurel Wreath and what it represents
PURPOSE: You will be working within the technical department, covering all products within the Fred Perry footwear and accessories range across Mens & Women’s.
- Advising key component and construction detailing to design/development packs to facilitate production of prototype samples
- Assessing all samples during the earliest stages of the development process in collaboration with designer and product developer
- Updating product packages with comprehensive comments and sample feedback, providing technical instructions to the supply base
- Maintaining an accurate critical path from proto sample to bulk production stage in conjunction with the product development and production planning teams
- Assessment, risk analysis and management of all potential new fabric and trim developments as well as bulk fabric, prints and trims.
- Strong Technical knowledge across a variety of products across footwear & accessories
- Excellent knowledge of construction and manufacturing methods
- Working knowledge of the requirements of REACH, risk analysis and product safety
- The ability to effectively communicate across internal departments and external sources
- Ability to work in a structured and timely manner under pressure within a team environment, meeting deadlines.
We actively encourage our teams to have a good work/life balance and so we are pleased to offer flexible working shifts at Fred Perry HQ. Our core shift hours are from 10am – 4.30pm and so employees can choose to start and finish early, or start and finish late. (i.e. work 8:00am-4:30pm, or 10:00am-6:30pm etc). We also have 30-minute early finish on Fridays.
As we continue to work in a more flexible way, the Head Office acts a brand hub, where we can all connect and collaborate with one another. This role is a mix of office based (London) and remote working. We will expect the employee to come into the office regularly for face-to-face meetings and to work alongside their team on collaborative projects.
We are proud to offer a wide range of benefits to all our staff, and continue to reassess what our community needs from us to thrive. We don’t want to be a good company to work for, we want to be a great one. Here are some things we currently offer:
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Competitive salary, reviewed every year
- Generous staff discount and regular sample sales
- Generous pension scheme with 8.5% company contribution
- Option to buy an extra 5 days holiday annually
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages
- Life insurance
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Early finish Fridays
- Season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Annual Birthday vouchers
- Regular opportunities to attend gigs / events
We actively welcome applications from people of all different backgrounds. Your CV will be submitted to hiring managers with all personal details hidden to ensure anonymity.