We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Melrose Avenue store as the Store Manager. In this role, you will be a brand ambassador and have overall responsibility of the running of the Shop. You will drive the strategic vision to achieve and exceed set financial targets whilst providing an iconic customer-service experience. As a natural leader you will ensure the development of all staff to deliver outstanding results whilst maintaining operational excellence.
- To maintain and increase sales throughout the year and achieve set financial targets.
- To effectively manage all the shop staff with particular reference to recruitment, induction, training, discipline, appraisals and payroll.
- To increase the shop customer base by actively pursuing new audience through networking in the city.
- To maintain a high level of customer service at all times within the Shop.
- To ensure the Store has the correct levels of stock and that replenishment orders are placed, in close liaison with the Retail Merchandise Team.
- To ensure that the Store is always merchandised to the Company’s desired standard and that, with liaison with the Display Department.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
- 5+ years senior level Store Manager experience in high fashion retail managing all aspects of FOH and BOH.
- Knowledge of men's and women's tailoring, cut, construction and fabrication
- Knowledge in store visual and product merchandising.
- Previous experience motivating, coaching and leading a team.
- Charismatic interpersonal and great communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to drive and develop sales.
- Ability to analyze sales related data.
- Proven track record in delivering excellent customer service.
- Excellent proven retail operational skills & standards. Keen eye for attention to detail.
- Previous experience recruiting, conducting appraisals, and resolving employee relation issues effectively.
- High level interest in the Paul Smith brand; Passion for style and fashion and retail in general.
- Highly self-motivated & enthusiastic; ability to lead a team and motivate others.
- Influential and confident with the ability to deal with people at all levels; ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Displays initiative and is creative. Flexible & adaptable.
- Ability to be an ambassador for Paul Smith.
In addition to base compensation, this role attracts:
- A generous Clothing Allowance
- Eligibility to participate in the company's Manager Bonus Scheme
- Discretionary discount on Paul Smith goods
- Basic medical and dental insurance, disability, life insurance and a 401(k) plan
- Vacation, sick/personal days in accordance with Company Policy
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.