Head of Business Operations
The Head of Business Operations will be an extremely organised individual who can lead the operations of the business from compiling the company financial reports, implementing business strategies, optimising the organisation’s operational capabilities and overall team management.
This position will provide management, leadership and vision to ensure the business meets its short-term and long-term objectives. They will help create enduring policies and a company culture that strengthens operational efficiency and generates revenue.
This role will sit right hand to the Creative Director/ Co-founder of 16Arlington, and report directly to the CEO.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee day-to-day operations; developing, improving, and implementing operational plans to meet company goals.
- Evaluate and improve operations and financial performance – creating operational strategies to minimise stock losses, implementing initiatives to reduce company costs, and increasing employee effeciencies.
- Set and manage budgets, and optimise expenses – managing, developing, and monitoring departmental and company budgets and financial reports.
- Set critical path and manage across all departments – ensuring all strategic plans are planned, monitored, and delivered.
- Oversee recruitment and training of new employees.
- Responsible for full team management and support, including KPI management and general HR duties.
- Analysis of collections, sales, logistics and margin to formulate an overview.
- Responsible for regular reporting across the business and prepare for upper management and strategic meetings.
- Ensure that yearly and seasonal strategic plans are accomplished.
- Responsible for contract overview and negotiations – staffing, NDA’s, events, studio, suppliers.
- 8+ years experience in the fashion industry.
- Wholesale and E-commerce management experience.
- Full product life cycle experience.
- In-house luxury brand experience ideal.
- Management experience essential.
- Great analytical and numerical skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Capable of making decisions independently.
- To have a positive, “can-do” attitude and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced computer and presentation skills – Microsoft office.
- Zedonk experience ideal.
- Forward-thinker with the ability to articulate point of view and improve processes.
- Ability to quickly recognise, diagnose and solve for challenges and workflow.
- Must operate with a sense of urgency and have attention to detail.
- Align with the company's core values to ensure the best customer experience.