Established in 2012, APPARATUS is a New York-based design studio that explores the relationship of lighting, furniture and objects in immersive environments, threading the historical and the cultural through a modern lens.
APPARATUS is seeking a forward-thinking, Graphic Designer to join our Art Department in a new phase of brand growth. This role provides the opportunity to work collaboratively, explore the visual and narrative, execute from concept to completion, a broad scope of work with which to communicate the APPARATUS ethos across all channels and touchpoints.
The ideal Graphic Designer has an education in the arts and a passion for contemporary culture, design and fashion that provides a wellspring of creative reference points. A natural confidence in self-expression, written and verbal communication is essential to collaborate and bring inspiration to the ever-evolving team.
At APPARATUS, the balance of imagination and initiative is supreme. The Art Department is led by the SVP Creative and managed by the Director : Art Department. Art Department initiatives and deliverables are informed through close collaboration with both Sales and Brand Departments.
- Create compelling design content for print, web, email, social.
- Update and maintain all client-facing marketing and sales materials.
- Create and manage an organized image library.
- Update visual content on website.
- Graphic, presentation, photographic concept research.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in fine art, graphic design, or similar discipline.
- Minimum 2-3 years direct experience in graphic design.
- Strong portfolio showcasing elevated visual design, typography and conceptual skills.
- Prior experience in the interior design, agency, or luxury fashion industries a plus.
- Expert-level knowledge in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Bridge. Experience in Premiere and After Effects, bonus.
- Ability to clearly execute creative direction, bring new ideas to the team, and thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent time-management skills, an independent drive, and the ability to deliver projects under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of print, web and digital, ability to successfully deliver on all platforms.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, adapt to changing priorities and collaborate with cross-functional team members.
- Proven ability in a high-paced environment that values consistency, efficiency and excellence.
- Ability to respond professionally to critical feedback and proactive in seeking support and help when needed.
- Solutions-based thinker with a consistently positive attitude.
- Full-time studio hours: Monday–Friday generally 10:00AM–6:00PM.
- Longer hours and weekend availability as needed.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND CHECK-INS SCHEDULE
- Weekly check-ins.
- Annual performance review.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is based in our New York studio. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.