We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Primary Purpose
The Associate, Talent Acquisition, Creative will be part of an organization that thrives on individuality, inclusivity and best in class service, internally and externally. As part of our dynamic and passionate Talent Acquisition team, you will own end-to-end recruiting across multiple departments, with a focus on Creative and Design. You will partner with hiring managers and stakeholders to develop, implement, and manage recruiting strategies to meet hiring goals for a diverse, collaborative, and productive workforce. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Talent Acquisition to...
Manage end to end recruitment and hiring for corporate roles
- Partner with hiring managers and cross functional partners to understand position specifications
- Create innovative, diverse sourcing strategies as needed, including but not limited to, applicant tracking system, social media, job boards, internal candidates, industry contacts, manager and employee networks and associations
- Evaluate, interview and present qualified, diverse candidates to hiring managers and solicit feedback to refine talent acquisition strategy where applicable
- Provide guidance with regard to the hiring process and market trends
- Ensure equitable, inclusive and diverse candidate slates are being met that adhere to Tapestry's competencies and the role's must- have qualifications
- Manage offer and onboarding process
- Partner with Corporate HR Business Partners to manage sensitive situations and decision making
Support Tapestry Talent Acquisition Initiatives and Programs
- Ensure process is followed across the business for internal mobility
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Recruit for our Design Apprentice Program
- Assist with all Design Apprentice programming, research, career fairs and logistics
- Take on ad-hoc projects to support evolving business needs
- Track data, as needed, to understand the value of sourcing/hiring tactics and drive improvements to overall talent acquisition strategies
- Proactively identify and suggest new ideas for improving talent acquisition processes and operations
An outstanding professional will have...
- 1-3 years Corporate or Agency Recruitment experience
- Experience hiring for numerous openings from entry level to Senior Manager, in an extremely competitive market
- Experience with SAP Success Factors or Applicant Tracking Systems
- Experience interacting with clients/executives at all levels
- Ability to anticipate business needs and provide solutions
- High level of organizational skills and a sense of urgency for considerate follow-up/follow through with candidates and the business
- Ability to proactively network and navigate professional networks and affinity groups
- Experience building and utilizing a variety of sourcing tools, including internet research, Boolean search strings and LinkedIn Recruiter
- Proficiency in all Microsoft office software
- Thoughtful communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with flexibility and agility
Our Competencies for All Employees
- A background in creative recruitment (preferred but not a must)
- Innate interest for the fashion, design and creative space
- Knowledge of competitive retail landscape
- A positive, "can-do" attitude and the ability to network and cultivate relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence, humility and the ability to sustain trusted relationships
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/