The Senior Director, Corporate Strategy is a senior member of our Strategy & Insights team and is responsible for advancing and developing Tapestry's enterprise-level strategy. This person will also support brand strategy work, partnering closely with key leaders within the brand teams to develop strategic priorities. This role regularly interacts with Tapestry's senior leaders and other key stakeholders. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Strategy to support...
- Brand strategy development : Support the development and articulation of our brands' long-term strategies. Work closely with the strategy leads and brand leadership teams to identify strategic advantages and opportunities for growth. Prepare executive and board materials
- Tapestry strategic planning: Drive the development of Tapestry's long-term strategic plan and growth algorithm. Identify key emerging trends impacting our environment and strategic opportunities for Tapestry.
- Business development, M&A and portfolio strategy: Help identify non-organic growth and expansion opportunities for Tapestry, including by supporting M&A screening, due diligence, and incubating new tools and capabilities to support the Tapestry platform
- Strategic projects and initiatives: Work with senior leaders across Tapestry functions to advance key strategic projects to accelerate growth on an ad-hoc basis
- Org and talent development : support the development of a modernized strategy & insights model, including defining capabilities needed, outlining career paths by level, implementing a mentorship model, etc.
The accomplished individual will possess...
An outstanding professional will have...
- Outstanding strategic mindset. Ability to anticipate future outcomes
- Ability to lead and motivate a small team (over time)
- Ability to detect trends, develop data-driven insights, and see the big picture - balance the 'forest' and the 'trees'.
- Consumer mindset - seamlessly link market intelligence to consumer shifts and preferences, encouraging the organization to stay focused on the customer
- Confidence presenting to senior leaders
- Ability to work cross-functionally with many different types of functions and BUs/geographies, and create strong collaboration
- Ability to prioritize across many initiatives and oversee complex projects
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex concepts in understandable ways to different audiences
- Thought leadership within retail market environment
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Management or related field
- MBA preferred
- 12+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience in developing business strategies, ideally for global businesses
- Retail industry experience preferred
- Experience in management consulting or investment banking is a plus
- Strong analytical toolkit
- Outstanding initiative, follow through, ability to get things done
- Creativity, outside the box thinking, innovative
- Global perspective and experience across geographies
- Strong team player mentality, supporting cross-functional workstreams
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance : Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/