We believe that difference sparks brilliance, so we welcome people and ideas from everywhere to join us in stretching what's possible.
At Tapestry, being true to yourself is core to who we are. When each of us brings our individuality to our collective ambition, our creativity is unleashed. This global house of brands - Coach, Kate Spade New York, Stuart Weitzman - was built by unconventional entrepreneurs and unexpected solutions, so when we say we believe in dreams, we mean we believe in making them happen. We're always on a journey to becoming our best, but you can count on this: Here, your voice is valued, your ambitions are supported, and your work is recognized. Job Title: Accounting Manager, Accounts Payable Primary Purpose:
This role will support the North America Accounts Payable Hybrid
team which supports three brands in addition to acting as liaison to global Accounts Payable teams. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Accounts Payable to...
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of Accounts Payable including high volumes of invoices
- Manage outsource and internal team to ensure KPI's are being met
- Oversee auditing of invoice entry and handling invoice exceptions by the outsource team
- Approve and ensure all weekly payment runs are performed in a timely manner
- Review and Monitor A/P Aging Report to work on resolving any vendor items to be researched
- Support Monthly and quarterly close process, including preparing A/P account reconciliations and flux analysis for subledger and Goods Receipts/Invoice Receipt (3-Way Match) for both indirect and Direct
- Manage the annual 1099 filing and inquiries
- Implement accounts payable policies to comply with SOX requirements and mitigate risk
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to continuously optimize and gain efficiencies in the department
- Assist in various AP projects such as automation, EDI process improvements and other system related projects
- Provide supporting documentation for internal and external audits
- Partner with Procurement and Vendor Master Teams for end-to-end processes
- Assist with T&E policy and audit
An outstanding professional will have...
- 5+ years working experience working in Accounts Payable
- A/P Lifecycle Knowledge
- High energy for a fast-paced, professional environment
- Advanced in Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work Independently and in a team-based environment
- Attention to detail/accuracy for data entry
Our Competencies for All Employees
- SAP A/P Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Ariba Experience
- Concur Experience
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Courage : Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity : Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity : Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy : Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility : Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others : Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams : Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-AH1 Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com/