Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A key member of the Tapestry global communications team, this role works in a matrix organization to develop powerful executive communications and drive employee engagement for Coach. This role reports to the Vice President, Communications and works closely with leaders and partners around the world including the Coach Senior Leadership Team, Coach Creative Studio, Coach PR Team, Tapestry Executive Committee, Investor Relations, Coach Foundation Leadership and the Global Communications Team.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Communications to...
Collaborate on a variety of projects across Coach and Tapestry with the following accountabilities:
Executive Communications - develop content and messages for the Coach CEO & Brand President in various internal and external communications ranging from speech writing and presentations to videos, blog updates, emails, social posts, media interviews and podcasts.
Employee Communications - an important audience is our 17,000+ employees across our stores and our corporate offices. This individual is responsible for developing and executing communications strategies that engage employees on the company/brand vision and business strategies. Key focus on creative communications strategies that bring the brand to life.
Talent Branding - Develop communications strategies that positions Coach as a brand employees love to work for. Lead social media content and strategy for Coach LinkedIn.
Live Events - work with a cross functional team to lead content development for a variety of events including leadership meetings, town halls, investor presentations and global store manager conferences.
Data and metrics - leverage data and insights to measure communications impact and adjust strategy.
The accomplished individual will possess...
- 5-7 years of work experience developing and implementing effective communication plans and strategies; working with senior leaders; and developing engaging communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a proven track record of developing and delivering multi-channel communications
- Strong executive presence, with a proven track record of working with all levels of employees, from stores to C-suite
- Thrives in a changing global environment. Is a curious learner, enjoys problem solving and can collaborate across disparate teams.
- Ability to work confidently while paying close attention to detail and quality
- A passion for communications, creative storytelling and our brands
An outstanding professional will have...
- Keen understanding of current news landscape. Tech and social media savvy in exploring different mediums/modes of communication to achieve communication objectives
- Basic finance knowledge and analytical skills in order to present impactful data to stakeholders
- Have at minimum a Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalentyears experience in a public company-responsible for internal and or external communications
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-KS1 Visit Coach at www.coach.com.
BASE PAY RANGE $76,000 TO $95,000 ANNUALLY
A RICH HERITAGE
Coach was founded in 1941 as a family-run workshop. In a Manhattan loft, six artisans handcrafted a collection of leather goods using skills handed down from generation to generation. Discerning consumers soon began to seek out the quality and unique nature of Coach craftsmanship.
Now greatly expanded, Coach continues to maintain the highest standards for materials and workmanship. Coach’s exceptional workforce remains committed to carefully upholding the principles of quality and integrity that define the company. We attribute the prominence of the Coach brand to the unique combination of our original American attitude and design, our heritage of fine leather goods and custom fabrics, our superior product quality and durability, and our commitment to customer service.
CRAFTING THE FUTURE
Coach is a global leader in premium handbags and accessories. Building upon our strong brand and business equities, we are in the process of transforming from an international accessories business to a global lifestyle brand, anchored in accessories, presenting a clear and compelling expression of the Coach woman and man across all product categories, store environments and brand imagery. In addition, we are leveraging the global opportunity for Coach by raising brand awareness and building market share in markets where Coach is under-penetrated, through our directly operated businesses most notably in Asia and Europe.
10 Hudson Yards
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert