Assistant, Operations - Fine Jewelry
- Day-1 Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits for eligible colleagues
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Holiday Time-Off & Flexible Scheduling
- Fully Funded Education Benefits (100% tuition coverage including books and fees)
- Instant access to earned wages with PayActiv
- Enhanced benefits: pet, home & auto insurance & more
- 401(k) plan options available
- Bonus earning opportunities
- Growth potential opportunities
- Employee Discount at Bloomingdale's & Macy's Stores
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
If you want to build meaningful relationships and make fashion personal, fun and aspirational, why not put that creative energy to work and join our team of approachable customer oriented, style conscious professionals. Work in a collaborative environment of problem solvers and flawless executers that drive the business forward through energy, effort and good humor. As the Fine Jewelry Operating Assistant, you control the operations both back and front of house that ensure superior service levels are maintained, stock is handled securely in a timely manner and fulfillment is expedited.
Fueled by the Power of Relationships
- Ensure fulfillment is complete to goal in partnership with staff.
- Pack & ship all fulfillment orders & client sends coordinating with internal partners and meeting client requests.
- Process client repairs & stock repairs to ensure care and attention to service and shortage.
- Process special orders to achieve timely delivery and accurate processing.
- Unpack, store and merchandize new receipts in partnership with staff.
- Process and coordinate all transfers, RTVs & markdowns to ensure timely movement of stock.
- Order supplies, including partnering with receiving manager for jewelry gift box needs.
Driven by our Desire to Win
- Lead all aspects of shortage control.
- Own fulfillment function in Fine Jewelry with attention to packaging, processing and security standards.
- Understand impact of operational control on sales and service.
- Maintain key log compliance to ensure inventory and security control.
- Ensure signage compliance to promote brand integrity and superior service levels.
Committed to a culture of Collaboration and continuous learning
- Communicate arrival of new receipts and educate staff on product features and security standards.
- Organize back stock for ease of selling and improved service.
- Complete weekly counts to control inventory and meet customer demand.
- Ensuring daily diamond testing is to standard.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years related experience.
- A ble to easily engage in conversation.
- Social ease and quick response to customer needs and inquiries.
- Able to maintain composure in difficult situations.
- Detailed oriented about product knowledge.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers, peers and management.
- Basic math functions to operate register, handle money and make change.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team in a learning environment.
- Able to use and navigate multiple technological devices.
- Ability to sell and build a sale through conversational interaction.
- Enjoys meeting and interacting with customers; demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple priorities and learn new procedures.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays. Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality is required.
- Constant moving and standing.
- Able to lift 10 lbs.
- Able to reach, grasp, stoop, kneel, crouch and climb ladders.