At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.JOB PURPOSE
Burberry are inviting you to apply for the role of a Digital Product Designer to join the Digital team in creating unparalleled customer and brand experiences across our luxury fashion ecommerce site and iOS App. This is a mid-weight role based primarily from our historic London offices, in the Westminster area. We promote a healthy and flexible working model, with time split between your home and the office. You have a passion for emerging technologies and pride yourself on being up to date with the latest digital product design trends and practices.RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be taking designs from sketching and prototyping through to implementation, solving both macro and micro problems, applied through a Design Thinking methodology
- You will partner and work closely with UX Research, Product Managers, Engineering and Business Analysts so solve complex business problems which results in delightful customer experiences
- You must be able to take a lead on projects and apply initiative in a fast paced environment
- You must be able to support your ideas with real customer insight, working closely with the analytics & data science teams
- As a key member of the Digital team, you will be using your talents in a collaborative and agile environment, where you are empowered to challenge and progress our thinking and working methods. You will be collaborating with our developers and delivery partners to ensure we maintain the good working practices and exploit the best and latest technology
- You will be working with a talented team of Designers across multi-disciplined functions, in making our products useful, usable and delightful for the Burberry customer, across our Web and Mobile platforms
- Demonstrable and working experience in a UX/UI or Product design type role
- Understanding of best practice User Experience approaches and how to apply them
- A solid understanding and passion for detailed interaction and information design
- You are structured in your approach to understanding users, and frame design decisions around your findings
- Working with brand and style guidelines to design and prototype to a high resolution that go beyond wireframes is essential
- Experience working in an agile process, and applying lean methodologies
- Worked with cross-functional teams across multiple time zones effectively
- Use tools such as Figma, Principle, and the Adobe suite
- Familiar in using testing tools and methods such as AB/MVT, Guerrilla or Remote
- Must have a portfolio featuring examples of end-to-end design solutions
- Experience of developing eCommerce experiences across different connected devices
- You'll have a broad skill set and being conformable with customer journey mapping, user research/testing, workshopping, creating product wireframes, interactive prototypes, UI design, applied UX techniques & Interaction design.
- You must have a user centred approach to your work and have experience designing beautiful and intuitive experiences that you have crafted with input from real user insight, analytics, brand and validated through testing.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.